Publisher Bigben Interactive and developer Eko Software have shared a new character introduction trailer for Warhammer: Chaosbane.
Featured above, the new trailer for the ARPG reveals the Elontir, a high-elf mage and one of the four playable characters in the hack-and-slash game.
Here’s a brief synopsis on the character:
Elontir, a High Elf mage, is a veteran who has already fought the forces of Chaos at Praag, earning a certain renown amongst his peers during the siege of Kislev. This ranged damage specialist’s mastery of the Winds of Magic allows him to cast numerous spells, while his dexterity allows him to quickly put distance between himself and a foe attacking him in melee.
Like each of the game’s characters, Elontir has a unique ability: he can precisely control the area-of-effect’s position for his spells using the controller’s right joystick or holding the space bar. With this capacity Elontir can, for example, slow time down on the enemy’s path to help his allies decimate the Chaos hordes. This effect can also be used to accurately push a group of enemies towards his allies who specialize in close combat, in perfect complementary cooperation.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
In a world ravaged by war and dominated by magic, you are the last hope for the Empire of Man against the Chaos hordes. Playing solo or with up to 4 in local or online co-op, choose a hero from 4 character classes with unique and complementary skills, and prepare for epic battles wielding some of the most powerful artefacts of the Old World.
- THE FIRST HACK AND SLASH set in the Warhammer Fantasy world, told through an all-new story written by Mike Lee (a Black Library author) and featuring a soundtrack composed by Chance Thomas.
- FEROCIOUS BATTLES: from the sewers of Nuln to the ruined streets of Praag, fight your way through monster hordes using over 180 different powers. Activate your bloodlust, a devastating skill, to escape the most perilous situations.
- 4 CHARACTER CLASSES, each with unique skills and customisation: a soldier of the Empire who can take heavy damage, a Dwarf specialising in melee combat, a High Elf who deals ranged damage by manipulating magic or a Wood Elf who lays deadly traps and wields the bow like no other!
- AN XXL BESTIARY with over 70 monsters aligned with the Chaos Gods and unique bosses. Battle Nurgle’s minions, Khorne’s spawn and waves of other vile creatures!
- OPTIMIZED FOR CO-OP: solo or with up to 4 players, local or online, the class synergy and interface have been designed for co-op. Combine different skills and powers to create even more devastating effects.
- HIGH REPLAY VALUE: Story mode, a boss rush mode, countless dungeons and regular updates offer a rich and varied gaming experience. And with 10 difficulty levels, you can find the right challenge to test your abilities.
Warhammer: Chaosbane will be coming to Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One sometime in 2019.