Tindalos Interactive and Focus Home Interactive have announced that the preorder beta for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is now live.
Customers that have preordered the game can play the beta until December 12. A second preorder beta will be held early next month and run until the game’s launch on January 24th.
A new battle overview trailer was also released, which you can find above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is the new real-time strategy game adapted from Games Workshop’s famous tabletop game that portrays the epic space battles of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
Expanding on the groundwork laid out by the first game, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is a full-blown sequel – bigger, richer, more impressive and more ambitious than the original game. It will include, at launch, all 12 factions from the original tabletop game and its expansions it is based on: the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids.
The latest dramatic story development in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the Gathering Storm and the 13th Black Crusade, serves as the canvas for three extensive and dynamic campaigns with high narrative values, focusing on the Tyranids, the Necrons, and the Imperium. Explore the systems in the Eye of Terror, with or against renowned characters such as Belisarius Cawl, Gulliman and more.
With bigger battles, refined gameplay, improved multiplayer modes and features for a better and more balanced online experience, as well as improvements across the board and even more customisation options for fleets and ships, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 promises to be the ultimate Warhammer 40,000 space battle experience.
- The ultimate Warhammer 40,000 space naval warfare experience
- All 12 factions from the original tabletop game
- Three dynamic solo campaigns (Tyranids, Necrons and Imperium)
- An ambitious, full-blown sequel featuring epic battles with far larger fleets
- Refined and improved gameplay, including new choices for ship customization
- Improved multiplayer modes and features for a better online experience
- The first videogame in Games Workshop’s new “Gathering Storm” setting