This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Siralim 3, the latest installment in Thylacine Studios’ series of monster taming RPGs.
The Siralim series is a super niche franchise that has managed to build up a small and devoted following based on the sheer amount of content in each game. You can check out the trailer above.
There’s no level cap, and the games openly encourage players to min-max and grind procedurally generated side dungeons to build the perfect party of monsters. The endgame alone boasts hundreds of hours of content if you are willing to invest the time and effort into finding and doing everything.
The game also just received a new free expansion that adds even more content, including weekly challenges, new monsters, new spells, and much more.
Siralim 3 is available on Windows PC, Mac, Linux (all via Steam), iOS, and Android for $14.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The King of Siralim, tainted by an unknown force, has brought war to the lands of Rodia, capturing all of the country’s kingdoms and slaughtering their people in the process. Now, only one kingdom remains that can stand against this unlikely adversary: Nex. As the king (or queen) of Nex, it is your job to fight back against Siralim’s tyranny and return peace to Rodia once more.
- Collect and breed over 700 different creatures to fight for you.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons with 15 unique tilesets.
- Craft artifacts and spell gems to equip your creatures for battle.
- Infinite playability – there’s not even a level cap. New features are introduced well-beyond the 100-hour mark. You’ll never run out of things to do!
- Rich end-game content, including Itherian Realms, super-bosses, arena battles, and much more!
- Asynchronous player-versus-player battles. If you win, you’ll earn exclusive items!
- Content updates and patches are planned to add even more content to the game post-launch!
- Take part in our community, contribute your suggestions, and let’s create the ultimate monster taming game together!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!