This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is about Legrand Legacy: Tale of the Fatebounds, a Japanese-style RPG by Semisoft, Another Indie, and Mayflower Entertainment that came out at the beginning of 2018.
Legrand Legacy describes itself as a love letter to PS1 and PS2 era JRPGs. In addition to the usual turn-based JRPG combat, Legrand Legacy will task you with rebuilding the abandoned city of Dumville by hiring skilled craftsmen from across the land. You’ll also be leading the military might of whole nations in tactical wargame scenarios. You can check out the launch trailer above.
My main reason for highlighting Legrand Legacy is that it just received a gigantic new update. The big 2.0 patch completely rebalances the combat, adds graphical and audio improvements, quality of life updates like skippable cutscenes, a rewritten script featuring an extended ending, and much more. You can read the full patch notes here.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
LEGRAND LEGACY: Tale of the Fatebounds is a love letter to our all time favorite JRPGs with a fresh take on classic turn-based combat and tactics. Welcome to Legrand, a beautifully hand-drawn world riddled with curious creatures, devastating wars, and intriguing tales of vengeance and redemption. Embark on an epic adventure through this sprawling fantasy universe and fight alongside the Fatebounds as they attempt to bring peace to Legrand! But be careful who you trust because everyone has a secret to hide…
- A fully immersive experience with stunning FMV, fully rendered 3D cinematics, and epic original soundtrack
- 3D models and original assets come together with gorgeously stylized hand-drawn backgrounds
- Action packed turn-based combat and tactical warfare scenarios that will test the limits of your wits
- Recruit craftsmen to restore the abandoned city of Dumville, play mini games, or embark on rewarding side quests
- Collect loot from slain enemies to craft items and upgrade weapons
- Configure items and grimoires that characters can wield in combat or set combat formation
- Command the military might of nations in intense tactical battles
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!