The highly anticipated Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch has been revealed as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate alongside its release date.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch December 7th.
Every single fighter from the previous games, including Snake, Pichu, Ice Climbers, and Wolf, is present, making it one of the the biggest crossovers in gaming history. Gameplay has seen a major overhaul, focusing on speed and complexity, with Final Smashes being redesigned for speed.
Classic stages such as Big Blue are set to return, and clones such as Lucina and Dark Pit are now referred to as Echo Fighters, with Daisy joined the battle as an Echo Fighter of Peach.
New assist trophies include Bomberman and Rodin from Bayonnetta. Some Assist Trophies can now be KO’d and will earn you points. Finally, it was announced that highly requested character Ridley joins the battle as a new fighter.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
A new Super Smash Bros. game with new fighters, stages, and more!
Legendary game worlds and fighters collide in the ultimate showdown—a new entry in the Super Smash Bros. series for the Nintendo Switch system! New fighters, like Inkling from the Splatoon series and Ridley from the Metroid series, make their Super Smash Bros. series debut alongside every Super Smash Bros. fighter in the series… EVER! Faster combat, new items, new attacks, new defensive options, and more will keep the battle raging whether you’re at home or on the go.
- New fighters, new stages, AND every fighter ever featured in the series…EVER!
- Inkling from the Splatoon series join the roster.
- Ridley from the Metroid series also joins the fight.
- Returning fighters include Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer and more.
- Elevate the Super Smash Bros. experience to new heights with faster combat, new attacks, new items, and new defensive options.
- Hold a 4-player free-for-all, or kick it up to 8-player battles.
- All current Super Smash Bros. series amiibo figures are supported.