Blizzard Entertainment has announced the release date for World of Warcraft’s upcoming Battle for Azeroth expansion.
The seventh expansion for the long-running MMORPG will launch on August 14th. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the expansion, which seeks to rekindle the old feud between the Alliance and the Horde seen.
A collector’s edition for the game (with a price tag of $99.99) is also planned, it includes:
- Horde & Alliance Double-Sided Mark of Allegiance: Declare your allegiance with this hefty two-sided emblem (stand included). Place it on your desk or shelf and proclaim your chosen faction to the world.
- Hardcover Double-Sided Book: Elegy & A Good War: This limited-edition hardback collects two new World of Warcraft novellas depicting the Burning of Teldrassil from the points of view of the Alliance and the Horde. Each story includes original artwork exclusive to this edition. Written by Christie Golden and Robert Brooks.
- Battle for Azeroth Digital Soundtrack: Each Collector’s Edition contains a key to download the orchestral pieces from the expansion’s soundtrack.
- Digital Deluxe Content
- Andalar Gilded Ravasaur (Horde) and Kul Tiras Seabraid Stallion (Alliance) mounts
- Tottle, the baby Tortollan pet
- Hearthstone card back
- StarCraft 2 sprays
- Heroes of the Storm Primal Flamesaber mounts
- Overwatch voice lines, emotes, sprays, and icons
If you pre-purchased the digital edition of the expansion and want to upgrade to a collector’s edition at launch, you can have your Blizzard account credited with the original purchase total, after which you’ll have to redeem your Collector’s Edition key before December 31st of this year to receive credit.
Lastly, if you pre-purchase the expansion through the Blizzard Shop digitally, you’ll also get the current expansion, Legion, entirely free (as well as a level 110 character boost).