This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Warshift is an ambitious, multi-genre title developed by one veteran developer – Cyril Megem.
The game was originally known as Universum when it was funded on Kickstarter, and since then it has gone through lots of updates, and is now available in its full release.
You could describe the game as a third-person shooter and real-time strategy hybrid, however it has lots of action and role-playing elements as well. You can also command and pilot transforming fighter aircraft/mecha, so the game basically has everything for a recipe of badassery.
Featured above, you can view the game’s latest trailer. It took Megem over five years to develop the title, in which he is solely responsible for the artwork, game design, and programming on the project. As you progress through its story, you can customize the main characters, as well as learn to juggle the various gameplay mechanics.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Action-Strategy Gameplay
- Switching between Action/Strategy mode on the battlefield
- Dynamic battles in the action mode
- NODE-based strategy gameplay
- Customization and evolve system for main characters (combat avatars).
- Dozens of weapons and upgrades
- Super-abilities and transformations
- Heavy-Unit Tactics
- Heavy-flying battleships.
- Grounded, air, water, underwater, outer space (the orbital mission) environment.
- 10 linked single player missions + 4 interactive training missions.
- Custom skirmishes vs AI and Co-op mode.
Warshift is currently available for PC, via Steam.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!