Epic Games’ Fortnite is available Now

We can finally talk about Epic Games new survival PvE Zombie game Fortnite after having extensive hand on time with at E3 2017.

Epic Games bills Fortnite as a third-person action building game, but in all reality, that description really does not do it justice. The game is wildly stylish, creative and has a sense of humor that really pushes it away from the average zombie fest.

Building is huge in this game, but in ways that really differ from what we have seen before. You could call it Wile E. Coyote-esque by nature. Allowing you to create grand bases that will fling zombies around the map in and to traps, allow you to access high points quickly, and provide stations for defense with NPCs you can gear up if you need some extra man power in your group.

Fortnite will be hitting Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Mac and is powered by the Unreal Engine 4. Fortnite was one of my favorite games that I got to see and play at E3, and it really shows some long term promise for those who want a to get in to a more PvE style survival game with some flare to it.

If you are interested in playing Fortnite, you can register at www.fortnite.com

We will also be doing a full review in the coming weeks.

Michael Jordan

Media, Marketing, Reviews, Interviews, and more. I do terrible things so you don't have to. Doing LIVE coverage of E3 to Tokyo Game Show for the last 10 years.

1. ToaKraka
    ToaKraka
    July 25, 2017 at 7:08 am

>hand on time
    *hands-on

>The game is wildly stylish, creative and has a sense of humor
    *The game is wildly stylish and creative, and has a sense of humor
    Please look up “parallelism”.

>Wile E. Coyote-esk
    *-esque

July 25, 2017 at 8:04 am

I like the artstyle, but a MP focused loot shooter is not for me. When it comes to the business practice itself, it’s quite terrible. Pay 40$ for an early access for a F2P game – no thanks. I hope this doesn’t become a trend.

3. PenguinPlayer
    PenguinPlayer
    July 25, 2017 at 8:14 am

It’s been a while since I first saw news about this. I hope some brave trooper with more money than me plays it and tells how good or bad it is.

4. Mechonis
    Mechonis
    July 25, 2017 at 8:28 am

The characters and design turn me off from what is a promising premise. I’ll wait for a sale more then likely

5. DrearierSpider
    DrearierSpider
    July 25, 2017 at 9:52 am

Gearbox publishing = no buy, no play

6. alterku
    alterku
    July 25, 2017 at 11:20 am

There’s a thread on a lesser-known imageboard where the thick tumblrite’s character design was fixed to look not only more aesthetically pleasing but also to make more sense. I’d say the overall visual design is on the right path, but the minutiae, including character design, is where it falls totally flat.

From what I’ve seen the humor is incredibly bad. Imagine what a character from life is strange would say in an attempt at making a funny and you’re basically there.

Going to end my rant with what I feel is the worst design decision of all; you cannot repair your weapons. It doesn’t matter to me if you can rebuild most/all of them, I’d rather spend my resources to keep a weapon I like in top shape instead of rebuilding over and over.

7. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    July 25, 2017 at 11:34 am

You guys must’ve really enjoyed your legos to still be hype for this game.

8. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    July 25, 2017 at 12:25 pm

That’s Lawbreakers.Not even the same studio.

9. lucben999
    lucben999
    July 25, 2017 at 12:35 pm

Oh right, this is actually Epic Games, got them mixed up because of CliffyB and multiplayer crap.

July 25, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Isn’t Epic their own publishing label?

11. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    July 25, 2017 at 2:39 pm

I’d buy it if it meant removing the microtransactions,

12. AnarKreig
    AnarKreig
    July 25, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Do not buy this. Ontop of being a game with subpar mechanics, awful movement and a grotesquely disgusting art-style it all also tie into a ‘progression’ system that belongs in a F2P game with purchasable XP boosts and lootboxes, the progression also revolves mostly around pure stat upgrades and simple luck. Just have a look at the cancerous editions available for it.

This game is meant to go free to play. Be patient and instead play it the when it finally dies off because of a dystopian esque business model for a game that isn’t remotely worth it. This will be a case like Battleborn and is going to be forced to go F2P.

13. RichardGristle
    RichardGristle
    July 26, 2017 at 3:36 am

You aren’t being diverse and inclusive enough with that attitude of yours.

First and final warning, citizen.

14. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    July 26, 2017 at 7:25 am

If you ever find that improved re-design, I think some of us would like to see it.

Reminds me of that guy who fixed the faces in Andromeda in under 10 mins.

15. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    July 26, 2017 at 7:26 am

Rather than wait for the game to flop, Gearbox have already put in the F2P features ready.
    Checkmate gamers!!

16. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    July 26, 2017 at 7:27 am

Niche Reviews to the rescue?

17. Ckarasu
    Ckarasu
    July 26, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Digitally, yes. But it seems Gearbox is handling physical distribution.

18. Ckarasu
    Ckarasu
    July 26, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Actually, the altered face looks too thin for the overall build. It comes off as kinda weird. Not that the previous face was better, but I feel there’s a decent middle ground somewhere.

July 26, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Wow ew send it back to hell.

20. Richard
    Richard
    July 27, 2017 at 2:39 am

Because we must all remember that the most important thing in video gaming is not character, plot, art design, or mechanics. It is virtue signaling. Don’t know if this needs a sarc tag but, /s

21. alterku
    alterku
    July 27, 2017 at 10:54 am

I thought the same about the thinness as I posted it, actually, but I do think the direction taken in the changes is by far the better choice.

22. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    July 31, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Thanks fam.

23. Kenshin13850
    Kenshin13850
    August 24, 2017 at 3:37 pm

To all those thinking about buying this game, please don’t. There is a really great game hidden here underneath a truly disgusting monetization scheme. The only real way to progress in this game is to buy loot chests, which you can only get at a rate of one every other day from doing dailies, unless you buy them with real money. The whole game feels like it’s designed around the idea of squeezing money out of the players.

I was really looking forward to this game when it launched, but now I feel like my investment in this game was a waste. I regret buying it and I’m hoping others won’t make the same mistake. Hopefully the devs will address these issues as the early access continues, but I doubt it. For now, do not endorse this game model presented by Epic Games and Tencent. Companies listen to the money and we as a community need to nip this model of game in the bud.