THQ Nordic and developer Airship Syndicate have announced the release date for Battle Chasers: Nightwar.
The stylish, turn-based RPG helmed by veteran artist and game designer Joe Madureira (Darksiders, X-Men, etc) will launch across PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch on October 3rd.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its Steam page:
Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the classic console greats, featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of the world.
- Classic turn-based combat inspired by the console RPG greats, with a unique overcharge mana system and incredible Battle Bursts.
- ‘Beautiful, randomly-generated dungeons loaded with traps, puzzles, secrets and loot.
- Explore an overworld peppered with hidden dungeons, rare bosses and randomly appearing friends and foes.
- Action oriented, randomly-generated dungeons loaded with traps, puzzles and secrets. Use each hero’s unique dungeon skills to survive.
- Build your adventuring party by choosing three of six available heroes from the classic Battle Chasers comic series, each with unique abilities, perks, items and dungeon skills.
- Dive into the deep crafting system, using the unique ingredient-overloading system to create epic items!