Nioh “Dragon of the North” DLC and Free PVP Update Coming May 2

Koei Tecmo has announced the release date for some new content heading to their action RPG set within feudal Japan, Nioh.

The new and free online versus mode update, as well as the first paid DLC for the game known as “Dragon of the North,” will both launch on May 2nd.

The new “Dragon of the North” content will enable players to venture deep into Japan’s northern provinces. It includes:

• New weapons
  • New story scenarios
  • New characters
  • New guardian spirits
  • New yokai
  • New levels

A Season Pass for the game is also available for $24.99. It comes with access to an exclusive PlayStation 4 avatar, as well as all three expansions confirmed for the game, including: “Dragon of the North, “Defiant Honor” and “Bloodshed’s End”

Nioh is available now for PlayStation 4, worldwide. In case you missed it, you can find our thorough written and video review for the game here (we highly recommend it!).

1. Tyrannikos
    Tyrannikos
    April 13, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Is it a worldwide launch on May 2nd? I want to talk to and/or stab Date Masamune as soon as possible.

2. Joe
    Joe
    April 14, 2017 at 2:13 am

Protip: aim for his eye.

3. Amyssanchez
    Amyssanchez
    April 14, 2017 at 8:25 am

I’ve made $84,000 so far this year working online and I’m a full time student. I’m using an online business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless. Here’s what I do
    !wr596c:
    ➽➽
    ➽➽➽➽ http://GoogleFinancialCashJobs596TopMicro/GetPaid$97/Hour ★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫★✫★★✫:::!wr596u:…..

4. Obbliglol
    Obbliglol
    April 14, 2017 at 11:01 am

Date clan 2stronk. Also we better get the mothgirl (male) as a guardian spirit, I was miffed we didn’t get it in the main game.

5. Jack Thompson
    Jack Thompson
    April 14, 2017 at 3:44 pm

>mothgirl (male)
    Are you implying what I think you’re implying
    Because don’t remember this feminine spirit ever being described as male.

6. Obbliglol
    Obbliglol
    April 14, 2017 at 4:24 pm

I am implying what you think I’m implying :^)

Thinking about it, we might be waiting for Sanada’s DLC for our mothtrap spirit though (I think Sanada was Yoshitsugu’s son-in-law or something). I am assuming the dragon in the background is Seiryu and is Date’s spirit guardian. I know we’re getting Odachi as a new weapon type as well, I really hope we get the dual pistols as well (it is Date after all).

7. Jack Thompson
    Jack Thompson
    April 14, 2017 at 5:54 pm

But what gave you the idea it’s male?

8. Obbliglol
    Obbliglol
    April 14, 2017 at 6:40 pm

It looks like a boy? But also a girl. I’m not actually sure what it is, but it looks like it could be either. All I know is that I want it.

9. Jack Thompson
    Jack Thompson
    April 14, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Pretty sure it’s female. Ni-Oh doesn’t seem to play that game. You, disappointingly, can’t even change your character model to any of the female ones, only the men.