Starbreeze to Publish System Shock 3 for $12 Million

Starbreeze Publishing has announced they’re going to publish OtherSide Entertainment’s upcoming sequel, System Shock 3.

The publisher will invest a cool $12 million to bring the game to “PC and other platforms,” much like their other publishing investment into Psychonauts 2, for $8 million.

Starbreeze will be able to recoup 120% of their full investment including marketing fees and costs, as well as seeing their share or revenues become 50% after the initial investment is recouped. It’s worth pointing out that OtherSide Entertainment will keep 100% of the rights to the System Shock 3 intellectual property.

System Shock 3 is currently being developed OtherSide Entertainment in the early concept stage, so it’ll be awhile before we see anything legitimate for the game. Series creator Warren Spector is overseeing the project, backed by a team made up of veteran developers from games like both System Shock and System Shock 2, Thief: The Dark Project, and even the original Deus Ex.

1. bgrunge
    bgrunge
    March 14, 2017 at 5:33 pm

They better not fuck it up.

2. Kev Lew
    Kev Lew
    March 14, 2017 at 6:34 pm

If they pull it off and make a true system shock follow up I will day one purchase, full price.
    If there is a season pass I will purchase on sale 9 months after release once all the content is released.

Give me a complete experience not a vehicle to sell tiny chunks of singleplayer gameplay months after i am done with the title.

3. Post Konami Kojima
    Post Konami Kojima
    March 14, 2017 at 7:20 pm

like fuck. all their good people left and made machine games and the rest fucked up payday 2

4. Arenegeth
    Arenegeth
    March 14, 2017 at 7:48 pm

If they don’t compromise, in pursuit of a ‘wider audience’ or dumb down mechanics because is ‘modern times’ now and everything needs to be formularized and simplified down to a pulp, usually for the aforementioned reasons, but not always.

Then we might actually have a good game on our hands and a worthy successor. I won’t hold my breath but I’m not disparaging either, I guess we’ll get an idea closer to release.

5. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    March 14, 2017 at 9:03 pm

As long as they have 0 input on the game and just serve as a glorified wallet, I’m okay with this.

6. NukeA6
    NukeA6
    March 14, 2017 at 11:25 pm

If they do, I will personally eat them alive.