Interview w/ Steamworld Dig 2 Master Mind Brjann Sigurgeirsson

We sit down with Brjann Sigurgeirsson, CEO of Image & Form, and talk about the Nintendo Switch as well as development and hardware. Recently Image & Form announced Steamworld Dig 2 for the Nintendo Switch.

The interview ran a bit long (47 minutes), but we cover everything from development, hardware, and design. Stay tuned, we will be heading up with Brjann Sigurgeirsson later on to talk Steamworld Dig 2 specifically.

The Nintendo Switch hits the streets Friday, March 3rd and we will be tackling it all. And as always leave your comments and questions below.

Michael Jordan

Media, Marketing, Reviews, Interviews, and more. I do terrible things so you don't have to. Doing LIVE coverage of E3 to Tokyo Game Show for the last 10 years.

1. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    March 1, 2017 at 12:51 pm

I can’t be bothered to watch a 47 minute interview. Anyone summarize the high points?

2. Michael Jordan ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ
    Michael Jordan ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ
    March 1, 2017 at 1:08 pm

>_> I don’t think you really can, its about development, design, the switch, art, where you start, the way the media covered the switch, and a lot more.

3. DrearierSpider
    DrearierSpider
    March 1, 2017 at 1:31 pm

All I want to know is will it stay exclusive to this trash console? Doesn’t sound like that got addressed.

4. UnpluggedBeta
    UnpluggedBeta
    March 1, 2017 at 2:50 pm

I think it’s a solid interview, but I think it would be a good idea to provide a transcript. I have this stuff playing in the background while I work, but I think people prefer to read content.

5. UnpluggedBeta
    UnpluggedBeta
    March 1, 2017 at 2:54 pm

@21:10:
    “game time is now competing… these days we’re so strapped for time!”
    How? First worlders, especially in Europe, have all the time in the world.
    “There are so many tv series that I want to watch!”
    Well there’s your problem; television is universally trash no matter what corner of the world you live in. The zombie box has been taking up people’s lives since its we figured out how to beam that garbage over airwaves.

6. Michael Jordan ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ
    Michael Jordan ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ
    March 1, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Realistically we are talking about the needless grind, and the fact that most the time this stuff is over inflated. If there is content to be had, by all means give me 60 hours, but if there is not, dont artificially inflate it, that the idea of respecting the players time.

7. Scruffy, the Janitor
    Scruffy, the Janitor
    March 1, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Question! Will the game be longer than the interview?

8. AR7777
    AR7777
    March 1, 2017 at 8:38 pm

47 mins is a bit too much for me since steamworld is not my type of game but to those that like it the longer the interview the better.

Anyway I know the company was founded in Sweden but is Brjánn Icelandic? That’s my question

9. DynastyStar
    DynastyStar
    March 1, 2017 at 10:10 pm

I’m about 18-19 minutes in and practically all of it so far has been about the Switch and about like 5-10% has been about their games.

10. dipitdipit
    dipitdipit
    March 3, 2017 at 6:36 am

well you could always watch it when going to bed you know