Chucklefish has announced a Nintendo Switch version for Pocket Rumble.
The game will be a console exclusive for the Nintendo Switch, alongside its planned release on PC. While the game has been available via Steam Early Access, it’s seemingly ready for launch, as the Nintendo Switch version is set to launch sometime this March. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the fighting game.
The Switch version enables players to battle anywhere, with anyone, and it even has HD rumble. Here’s a brief synopsis, via Chucklefish:
This deep 2D fighter makes players want to throw down, anywhere, anytime. The battles get even more intense with the inclusion of HD rumble: When players get hit by a weak attack, it’ll feel very different from getting rocked by a strong one. The game is scheduled to launch as a console exclusive for Nintendo Switch in March
Here are the game’s key features:
- Simple, 2-button controls and universal, easy special move inputs with no complex joystick motions
- Short combos with easy timing and a straightforward cancel system
- On-screen frame data bar and visual indicators for properties like invulnerability help players understand fighting game mechanics and how individual moves work
- Simple, unambiguous health and damage system: All characters have 12 HP and all hits do 1 damage
- Diverse cast of characters each with their own unique meter and mechanics
- Quickly swap characters after a lost round to counterpick, just like between matches in a tournament, without slowing down the pace of the match
- Near-flawless online multiplayer with GGPO netcode
- Full Steam Workshop mod support including the ability to play mods online with friends
You can find the game’s Steam page here.