Etrian Odyssey Series Turns 10 Today

The original Etrian Odyssey game was released ten years ago on this day in Japan.

Launched for the Nintendo DS, Etrian Odyssey would go on to span a multitude of sequels, remakes, and cross-over spinoffs.

To celebrate the series’ anniversary, series character designer and illustrator Yuji Himukai shared the above illustration, while also thanking fans for all the support throughout the years.

The latest game in the series, Etrian Odyssey V, was released back in August of last year in Japan. A western release hasn’t been confirmed yet.

1. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    January 18, 2017 at 11:24 am

A series I wish I could love, but I think its a bit too tedious for my RPG tastes. It is a good franchise for fans of this kind of game though.

2. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    January 18, 2017 at 11:28 am

Still haven’t finished the first game (the only DS installment released in Europe) which I enjoyed when I was playing it, though I dipped into the demos of the 3DS sequels and remakes.

This series has done pretty well for itself and seems likely to have a release or two on the Switch but honestly the PC is a great match as well.

I didn’t know that the west was behind on the most recent game and hope Atlus/SEGA/Deep Silver can sort it out before the 3DS is dead and buried. The region lock means that people can speak weeb or manage with a guide can’t even get it.

3. Klarktastic
    Klarktastic
    January 18, 2017 at 11:37 am

Etrian Odyssey V fucking when?

4. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    January 18, 2017 at 12:18 pm

To celebrate, they should announce the western release date of EO 5 and announce EOU 3.

5. Nagato
    Nagato
    January 18, 2017 at 1:16 pm

That’s about twice as old as the girls it features.

6. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    January 18, 2017 at 1:30 pm

I’ll be interested to see how they resolve the lack of a second screen in the future releases.

7. Jumanji Joe
    Jumanji Joe
    January 18, 2017 at 4:19 pm

To celebrate this momentous occasion atlus is bringing over EQ V to the west with TEN TIMES the micro transactions that the nips got!

8. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    January 18, 2017 at 6:53 pm

To celebrate, how about releasing an undub for Millenium Grill?