Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation Spotted for Nintendo Switch

We’ve learned (via NeoGAF) that Nintendo might be prepping up a Nintendo Switch version of Fire Emblem Fates the latest in the Intelligent Systems-produced strategy RPG series.

The news comes via the official website for Fire Emblem Warriors, in which internet sleuths found Fire Emblem Fates listed for the Nintendo Switch.

As this hasn’t been confirmed by Nintendo, we’re filing this as a rumor for now – but it’s pretty damn clear this is probably happening.

The other two versions of the game are listed for the Nintendo 3DS, so this could be an error, however it does make sense considering the approach this version has compared to the other two.

Released as a third version of the game, in Revelation players will rally both Nohr and Hoshido kingdoms against the true mastermind behind the war, and is likened as a middle ground between the other two versions: Birthright and Conquest.

Could Nintendo be showing this off in the Fire Emblem Warriors broadcast, set for January 18th? We’ll keep you guys posted.

, , ,

1. Touma
    Touma
    January 17, 2017 at 12:40 am

Meh, unless it’s completely re-translated and uncensored, I don’t care.

2. not Jaime Lannister
    not Jaime Lannister
    January 17, 2017 at 12:41 am

Nintendo reusing one of their series they had on the Wii U for the switch? nooo they’d never do that… except mario kart…. zelda….splatoon well hell I guess they would

3. Tristan (Chili1)
    Tristan (Chili1)
    January 17, 2017 at 1:02 am

And thus there is now serious proof that this Switch is replacing the 3DS, and that Nintendo just doesn’t want to outright say it in case the Switch is a total flop

4. sanguis4k
    sanguis4k
    January 17, 2017 at 1:04 am

Exactly my thoughts. If they just port the neutered version then it can fuck off like the 3ds version did

5. garf02
    garf02
    January 17, 2017 at 1:08 am

even if is the butchred version, I can see some people having about it cause no region lock

6. Wesley Darnell
    Wesley Darnell
    January 17, 2017 at 1:08 am

Oh boy who wants to buy this one 3 times again? XD

7. Sphericaljosh
    Sphericaljosh
    January 17, 2017 at 1:08 am

I’d rather have fire emblem on a console anyway but I’d want it to be a new fire emblem not a port of fates.

8. Pocketmarmots
    Pocketmarmots
    January 17, 2017 at 1:21 am

Well, I never bought the 3DS ones, but if they actually put this on the Switch, I might actually get a Japanese copy. Kinda hope they do it.

9. IS | 桂木
    IS | 桂木
    January 17, 2017 at 1:26 am

Revelation needs an overhaul of script, map design, and character balance in order for this version to be even considered by me. IMO Revelation is one of the worst Fire Emblem games conceived. If this is a ‘Final Mix’ instead of an HD port I’ll do backflips in excitement

10. tccboss
    tccboss
    January 17, 2017 at 1:29 am

Time to buy Fire Emblem IF again.

11. Snugeth
    Snugeth
    January 17, 2017 at 1:51 am

You guys are talking like you’re going to buy the switch. How are you supposed to hold Nintendo up to any kind of standard if you buy their shit anyway?

12. Touma
    Touma
    January 17, 2017 at 2:02 am

I didn’t buy Fates and for the Switch, I’ll get it if/when they have a library consisting of more than two games I’m interested in.

13. TT
    TT
    January 17, 2017 at 2:06 am

if they did, and they fix everything Treehouse fucked up, I’ll have more consideration for the switch.

14. Michael Richardson
    Michael Richardson
    January 17, 2017 at 2:35 am

Cool. If this is really happening, I might grab a Japanese copy for my Switch, now that we know Nintendo is done with region locking for the moment.

15. sanguis4k
    sanguis4k
    January 17, 2017 at 2:36 am

Because I have skipped Nintendo offerings before because they weren’t what I wanted or up to the standard that they should deliver. I am considering the switch based on whether the games I want do come out, come out in a form that isn’t complete shit and whether the price works out for what I want it for as a home console.

So how again am I failing to hold them to a standard?

16. Sean Sharpe
    Sean Sharpe
    January 17, 2017 at 4:09 am

How is the gameplay to Fire Emblem Fates? As someone who thought Awakening was too “casualized” with boring ass maps, is there anything I would even like about this one?

17. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    January 17, 2017 at 5:18 am

I’m guessing it’s a compilation of the three versions.

18. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    January 17, 2017 at 5:21 am

I never understood how people thought it was only replacing the Wii U, it’s clearly replacing both of them otherwise it would be a standard console rather than a hybrid.

19. 真・女神転生
    真・女神転生
    January 17, 2017 at 5:33 am

>waifus on my fire emblem

Cancer

20. 真・女神転生
    真・女神転生
    January 17, 2017 at 5:34 am

21. scemar
    scemar
    January 17, 2017 at 6:10 am

not a bad idea, FE looks better than the 3DS allows it to
    the censorship would still be an issue tho

22. PenguinPlayer
    PenguinPlayer
    January 17, 2017 at 7:09 am

That’s pretty damn rare to happen. It did sometimes, like Innocent Sin finally getting on the US and Azure Striker Gunvolt’s Steam release having a jap audio + retranslated text option that removed things like the “Xir” pronouns.

Unlikely to ever happen to this one since Nintendo Treehouse is still a bunch of prudes/idiots/???? and retranslation = extra costs. They will just slap it on a new console and call it a day.

23. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    January 17, 2017 at 7:49 am

Switch is regoin free so learn weeb and import.

24. Loli de 42 Anos & uns bolinhos
    Loli de 42 Anos & uns bolinhos
    January 17, 2017 at 7:53 am

the only way I’m getting this is if it’s a compilation of all 3 games with no censorship.

25. Loli de 42 Anos & uns bolinhos
    Loli de 42 Anos & uns bolinhos
    January 17, 2017 at 7:54 am

well, depends on the story, Hoshido is “awakening mode” (with the ability to grind) and Nohr is closer to the classics (Harder maps, and you straight from one stage to the next, being unable to grind.

26. CDan
    CDan
    January 17, 2017 at 8:39 am

27. Fandangle
    Fandangle
    January 17, 2017 at 8:39 am

Lets be honest, they’d never admit they fucked up and they’d never fix the problems with if’s godawful translation.

28. Fandangle
    Fandangle
    January 17, 2017 at 8:40 am

Kind of misleading. It’s still possible to grind in Nohr, it’s just harder and more out of the way. Hoshido’s side just throws shit at you like crazy.

29. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    January 17, 2017 at 9:04 am

The Switch is region free, so I expect it to become increasingly easy to get the uncut versions of games (and make sure that modders are able to do their magic).

30. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    January 17, 2017 at 9:09 am

It is a shame that trends like that tend to stick. Detective Conan is probably going to be retranslated into English with the proper names when we are all dead and as far as rereleases of games go, I’ve seen high profile cases where video games are MORE censored than their 90s (Breath of Fire 2 – VC) or 2000s (Dragon Quest VIII) counterparts.

31. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    January 17, 2017 at 9:13 am

I’m actually interested if it was a budget release with all three stories (and all DLC ideally) on a single cartridge, bonus points if it was uncut and dual audio but I’d get the Japanese release or something.

In case, you think it is out there, Korea’s release of Fire Emblem If was later than the west and had two of the three stories on the cart: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/74270912

(A little funny that Korea seems to only have English audio for Fire Emblem If based on the link – presumably they got the censored version since it was the latest build – here is hoping that they are the last people to suffer that fate).

32. Daryl Corey
    Daryl Corey
    January 17, 2017 at 9:18 am

The only way I would buy this game is if they led the treehouse out on stage lined them up on their knees and shot them in the head one by one then apologized for the poor initial translation and promised a better one as the morons responsible for the shit tier first ones bodies slowly cooled

33. JustGaming
    JustGaming
    January 17, 2017 at 9:32 am

Sweet Baby Jesus….. The comments.

34. Tubsiwub
    Tubsiwub
    January 17, 2017 at 9:43 am

Maybe they’re reprinting the impossible-to-get 3DS version of the game?

That’d be sweet, despite owning it. Lots of people were disappointed by not getting one.

35. Tubsiwub
    Tubsiwub
    January 17, 2017 at 9:44 am

Because they’re totally going to translate a game, then give us the Japanese version.

36. tccboss
    tccboss
    January 17, 2017 at 9:54 am

I agree with this solution

37. darkgamer001
    darkgamer001
    January 17, 2017 at 10:23 am

We’d have more luck pushing for eng subtitles in the jp version than NoA/NoE ditching the Treehouse cancer.
    Either way, none of those options is realistically gonna happen.
    But hey, Fire Emblem IF region-free is swell, I guess. Got a good condition second hand copy of the jp bundle, though. Doubt I’ll buy another jp copy unless it’s eng subbed, and I’m certainly not buying the lolcalization version.

38. I.R.Shnow
    I.R.Shnow
    January 17, 2017 at 10:52 am

Emblem amie was a terrible adition, good thing they cut that during the localization…

39. GmailIsDown
    GmailIsDown
    January 17, 2017 at 11:01 am

Switch is not region locked so just get the Japanese version.

40. darkgamer001
    darkgamer001
    January 17, 2017 at 11:02 am

Low quality bait much?

41. I.R.Shnow
    I.R.Shnow
    January 17, 2017 at 11:05 am

Nope. It was really cringeworthy. If anything, they should have butchered the entire thing…

42. darkgamer001
    darkgamer001
    January 17, 2017 at 11:15 am

If games butchered all the content that any random internet folk found cringeworthy…..

43. AuraMaster DX (austin9568)
    AuraMaster DX (austin9568)
    January 17, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Damn, you’re more delusional than Travis Touchdown

44. Albert Joestar
    Albert Joestar
    January 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm

and yet, that’s what “saved” the series or put in purgatory whatever is your vision of it

45. larverto365
    larverto365
    January 17, 2017 at 2:17 pm

I personally thought it was out of place, still do, but they still should have kept the option.

46. catazxy
    catazxy
    January 17, 2017 at 6:49 pm

The moment they announce a new monster hunter on the switch, you can say goodbye to the 3ds….

47. Sonic Wind
    Sonic Wind
    January 17, 2017 at 7:30 pm

All these sad weebs upset that they can’t rub their waifus. smh

48. 真・女神転生
    真・女神転生
    January 17, 2017 at 7:36 pm

You’d be wrong kneegrow

49. Personaknight
    Personaknight
    January 17, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Well maybe I’ll actually play this one when I my hands on an import. the tactics and classes look more interesting than awakening. here’s hoping the life sim/relationship simulator didn’t ape too much of the gameplay.

50. Personaknight
    Personaknight
    January 17, 2017 at 10:02 pm

I personally blame the internet and 3ds.

51. Valwin Mediaz
    Valwin Mediaz
    January 17, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Censored emblems again

52. Hirasugi
    Hirasugi
    January 18, 2017 at 2:46 am

Fates was my second least favorite Fire Emblem game. The localization was also some of the worst I’ve ever seen. Therefore…who cares

53. Jake Well
    Jake Well
    January 18, 2017 at 6:40 am

Violent, aren’t ya?

But I get what you mean, I believe you mean
    that…you rather have the Nintendo Treehouse have
    no hand in messing up the translation/gimping the game
    for the switch, right?

Yeah I feel that would be nice, hell if they learned and
    finally made amends to their past screw-ups…that’ll be better.

No idea what it will be…
    Though, if in doubt, the Switch is reigon free so…
    Japanese version for all if ya want…

What will today’s Fire Emblem Direct bring…
    I am rather curious.

54. le master trole
    le master trole
    January 18, 2017 at 7:53 am

No thanks, keep your censored trash.

55. le master trole
    le master trole
    January 18, 2017 at 7:56 am

I’d pay good money for a front row seat.

56. le master trole
    le master trole
    January 18, 2017 at 7:57 am

Dumb goy. You have to buy all versions separately again of course!

57. Loli de 42 Anos & uns bolinhos
    Loli de 42 Anos & uns bolinhos
    January 18, 2017 at 9:15 am

Then they may happily shiv it up they bum.

58. Snugeth
    Snugeth
    June 22, 2017 at 1:16 am

I’d suppose you’re not, but you will. Nintendo’s fans don’t have a lot of willpower.

59. Snugeth
    Snugeth
    June 22, 2017 at 1:17 am

You’d still be giving the guys responsible for butchering games money, and they’ll continue to do it as long as they exist.

60. sanguis4k
    sanguis4k
    June 22, 2017 at 10:53 am

Holy crap, didn’t expect a responset after this long. Get kidnapped or something?

Anyway since I said I was considering the switch on have all but given up on it, some games I want are on it but I don’t find it worth the money or something I want to trust given how it looks vs how the WiiU looked at the same time after release. Maybe if they can release 10 games I actually want for it and fix sone of the issues with the hardware quality I will end up getting it but otherwise I would be more likely to go get an Xbone

61. Snugeth
    Snugeth
    June 29, 2017 at 9:38 am

Trading in one turd for another.

62. sanguis4k
    sanguis4k
    June 29, 2017 at 10:40 am

Well let me give you a hint. My likelihood of buying an Xbone went from low to maybe if it is the last entertainment system on earth after they dropped Scalebound

63. Snugeth
    Snugeth
    June 29, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Why not just build a pc?

64. sanguis4k
    sanguis4k
    June 29, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Because I already have a very good one. It is what I spend that vast majority of my gaming money and time on

I got a PS4 Pro mostly because of persona 5, Nioh and nier automata, and Playstation is the only company with any exclusives I really am interested in. Anything else that’s just console exclusive I can pick up if I feel like it but honestly there’s not that much coming that isn’t on PC that is interesting me much atm