Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition Rated for PS4

We’ve learned (via GearNuke) that the Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated both Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition for PlayStation 4.

This leads us to believe Natsume is readying both titles for another re-release as PlayStation 2 classics on PlayStation 4, making them a first on the platform for the publisher. Both games were previously released on the PlayStation Network as PlayStation 2 Classics for the PlayStation 3.

While the former was released back in 2001 as an original game for the PlayStation 2, the latter is a 2004-released upgraded PlayStation 2 port of the GameCube original.

Save the Homeland is one of the few games in the series that locks you out of marriage entirely, focusing entirely on the game’s story. The Special Edition release of A Wonderful Life added more marriage candidates, the ability to pick the gender of your child, and the option to play indefinitely – however it reportedly had performance issues due to its port.

1. Gammalad
    Gammalad
    January 2, 2017 at 9:29 pm

A Wonderful Life Special Edition had the potential to be the best game in the series, but man those bugs and performance issues made it almost unplayable at times. I honestly wish Marvelous would remake the game.

2. Jack
    Jack
    January 2, 2017 at 9:50 pm

A wonderful life was great when I was younger, though I had the GC version, so it’ll be cool if they update the special edition for the PS4

3. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    January 2, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Never got to play Save the Homeland, but I did love A Wonderful Life. Never got to play the Special Edition though which I believe added the rich girl as a viable marriage option and some other stuff. Though my favorite Harvest Moon will forever be Harvest Moon 64.

4. Nagato
    Nagato
    January 3, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Good to see Natsume can still re-release the older titles; hopefully this means they’re hard at work at bringing the highlights of the older series to PC, Switch and consoles – Friends of Mineral Town (+MFoMT), Magical Melody and Animal Parade should make a good amount of money if given digital re-releases.

I’d probably get Hero of Leaf Valley if brought to Steam as well.

5. Jigsy
    Jigsy
    January 4, 2017 at 6:04 am

>Harvest Moon 64

Not SNES? You make me sad. :<

6. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    January 4, 2017 at 10:42 am

That one was great, but HM64 was hands down my favorite. I also loved the remake on PS1 where it was HM64, but the characters were switched around. Sort of like an alternate reality.

7. General
    General
    February 7, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Guys do anyone knows the release date

8. Wolfy K
    Wolfy K
    April 15, 2017 at 8:37 pm

When is this set to release?