New Pokémon and Team Skull Revealed for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

sandcastle
Leaks of the latest edition of the Japanese magazine CoroCoro Comic (via Serebii) has revealed new information about the upcoming Pokémon Sun & Moon games.

Four new Pokémon were revealed: the Ghost/Ground haunted sandcastles Sunabaa and Shirodesuna; the pre-evolution of Bewear which is named Nuikoguma and still keeps the Normal/Fighting-type; and the Water-type fish Pokémon Yowashi, which can change between a Single or School Form.

There’s also new Alolan Pokémon revealed; the Alolan Meowth, with Dark-type and the Alolan Marowak, which will be Fire/Ghost-type.

The new antagonist team will be Team Skull, lead by a man named Guzma. The woman shown next to him is named Plumeri.

New Pokémon info will be available this Friday, with another reveal by the Pokémon Company. You can see all the new Pokémon and info on the gallery below.

, , ,
Diogo Teixeira

A gamer since a young age, starting with oldies such as the IBM 386, Atari, and Commodore 64. A Portuguese guy with a tendency for snappy and witty remarks. Also harbors an obsession for adventure games.

1. tccboss
    tccboss
    August 9, 2016 at 12:44 pm

And here I thought it was only volpix and eggsecutor.

2. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    August 9, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Nice. I can’t wait to not buy it. Screw Nintendo.

3. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    August 9, 2016 at 1:04 pm

In light of ORAS’ poor post game, and Nintendo’s other fuckery (especially to AMR2) I’m happy to boycott.

4. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    August 9, 2016 at 1:09 pm

A freaking sand castle, really?

5. Deathtone
    Deathtone
    August 9, 2016 at 1:21 pm

I’ll end up buying it. I own all the others after all.

6. Smug
    Smug
    August 9, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Parents can no longer go to the beach without the risk of their kid(s) being sucked up alive by a fucking sandcastle pokemon

7. Jack
    Jack
    August 9, 2016 at 1:46 pm

and they can’t buy them teddie bears in fear of them being pokemon that will crush their bones

8. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    August 9, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Worst looking Gang yet and that School form looks fucking stupid.
    Dark Meowth is furry bait.

9. Schrodinger's Clit
    Schrodinger's Clit
    August 9, 2016 at 1:48 pm

People complained about Klefki’s design, and yet it sold 14 million. There’s nothing controversial about a sand castle.

10. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    August 9, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Not that weird, design ain’t great but sand monsters aren’t anything unheard of.

11. Dewey Defeats Truman
    Dewey Defeats Truman
    August 9, 2016 at 1:53 pm

I’d like the sandcastle more if it had a more defined face in the evolution.

Dark Meowth is pretty lame. Looks like a lazy recolor compared to the other region-forms which change things up a good bit more, even the Marrowak is pretty solid in that regard.

12. Nin
    Nin
    August 9, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Until they’re ten you mean. Then they are full fledged adults ready to travel the world!

13. Smug
    Smug
    August 9, 2016 at 3:01 pm

implying this isnt a trial to keep strong genetics alive

14. PKtheHedgehog
    PKtheHedgehog
    August 9, 2016 at 3:24 pm

To be fair, imagine if you lived in a world full of harmless sand ghosts. Doesn’t it make sense that unruly kids would try to turn at least one of them into a sandcastle?

15. Guin
    Guin
    August 9, 2016 at 4:29 pm

They’re really going ham with the “ALOHA” look…I HATE IT!

16. Guin
    Guin
    August 9, 2016 at 4:31 pm

We’ve had trash bags, ice cream cones and toxic waste.There’s nothing to complain about.

17. Captain Vidya
    Captain Vidya
    August 9, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Hey, it reminds me of DesertMan from Battle Network 3. I can dig it.

18. Shinobu
    Shinobu
    August 9, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Rule 34 Team Skull bitch when?

19. arkhangelsk44
    arkhangelsk44
    August 9, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Poor Post game on ORAS? Delta Episode is like the best Post Game in recent years. Yeah there’s no Battle Frontier but I don’t care.

20. Uncle Slick
    Uncle Slick
    August 9, 2016 at 7:20 pm

I love Pokemon to much to spite Nintendo.

Heck, I love Nintendo, too.

Not gonna let a bunch of bad localizations on b rpg games change my love for Nintendo.

21. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    August 9, 2016 at 8:56 pm

How about their routinely condescending, dismissive, if not outright hostile attitude towards their customers? And the fact they’ve been actively campaigning against gamers basically their entire existence? Their recent overprotective policies are nothing new for them.

You might have some good memories of Nintendo products, but make no mistake: To them, you are a commodity, an exploitable resource, and nothing more.

I’ve finally had it with the lackluster rehashes and fanbase abuse; nothing they can offer is worth me paying for. Nintendo will never see another cent from me.

22. Uncle Slick
    Uncle Slick
    August 9, 2016 at 10:32 pm

I guess all that might be true, but I can’t expect a multi million dollar company to see my as anything other than an exploitable resource.

I might be the minority, but I don’t feel that they screwed me in any way :/

23. Meroune Lorelei Du Neptune
    Meroune Lorelei Du Neptune
    August 10, 2016 at 1:20 am

Meowth gets a faggot form?

24. Meroune Lorelei Du Neptune
    Meroune Lorelei Du Neptune
    August 10, 2016 at 1:22 am

Nothing creative either

25. Melsatix
    Melsatix
    August 10, 2016 at 3:40 am

This is maybe the most laziest Alola form I’ve seen so far.

26. Vcom7418
    Vcom7418
    August 10, 2016 at 7:26 am

Delta Episode was fine, but I really wanted Battle Frontier back.

27. Vcom7418
    Vcom7418
    August 10, 2016 at 7:29 am

I understand what you mean by Nintendo being assholes in recent months, but still:
    1) Nintendo doesn’t get that much money, it’s mostly Pokemon Company that will get money
    2) ORAS really didn’t really have a bad post-game. Sure, nothing infinitely replayable like Battle Frontier, but Delta episode was fine.
    R

28. Vcom7418
    Vcom7418
    August 10, 2016 at 7:33 am

“To them, you are a commodity, an exploitable resource…”
    Unlike other companies? The only devs who truly care about players are indie devs and middle-market publishers (like Devolver Digital), who need a fanbase to make money.
    Nintendo have been complete a-holes over the last couple of months + the Youtube thing, I don’t deny. But still, no moderately-sized company cares for each and every customer as an individual

29. randomdude
    randomdude
    August 10, 2016 at 4:01 pm

my plan, if I have the money at the time, buy the game used and send the pokemon company a letter with money.

assuming reviews are good

30. randomdude
    randomdude
    August 10, 2016 at 4:01 pm

buy used

31. King of Zeroes
    King of Zeroes
    August 11, 2016 at 2:27 pm

I like Shadowfish and Team Slav, I guess. But what the fuck is that sandcastle lookin piece of shit? Did they not learn from Gabrage Bag and Ice Cream Sundae?

Did they really look at this design and say “yeah, this is a good Pokemon.”

I’ve seen dozens of fake Pokedexes in my days, and NONE of them had shit like this.

doesntmatterimstillboycottingnintendountiltheyburndownthetreehouse.kek