We`ve recently (via Hachima Kikou) of how combat will work in the newest entry of the Persona series. The new information was obtained from a leak of the June 30th, 2016 issue of Famitsu.
While some of the information is stuff most people already knew, most of it was brand new.
Here`s the new information we learned:
- Players can hide from shadows who act as guards in the Palace, and can sneak up behind them in order to perform a surprise attack.
- A new ability has been added called “Third Eye”, which when outside of combat will allow you to solve puzzles and find key items.
- By pressing R1 during combat you activate a battle assist which will automatically attack an enemy’s weak point provided you already exploited it.
- They’ve added two new elements to the game: “nuclear heat” and “telekinetic.”
- Specific skills can deal more damage on enemies afflicted by a negative status effect.
- Nuclear heat is effective against enemies that have been burned, frozen or paralyzed and telekinetic is effective against enemies with negative mental status effects.
- Conversations with shadows can be initiated once the conditions for an All-Out Attack are met via the “Hold Up” mechanic.
- During “Hold Up”, you can either ask shadows to join your party and become personas, or simply ask them for money and items.
Persona 5 will be available in Japan on September 15th, 2016 and in North America on February 14th, 2017 for the PS4 and PS3.