First English Screenshots for Megadimension Neptunia VII

Megadimension Neptunia VII_20151110152058

Idea Factory International has shared the first English screenshots for Megadimension Neptunia VII.

The new screens depict the battles you can expect in game, as well as some new shots of the new CPU Uzume Tennouboshi. You’ll also get a look at the new Formation attack system, where multiple party members can surround an enemy and perform powerful attacks.

You can find the screenshots above, as well as below:

Megadimension Neptunia VII is launching for PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe in sometime early next year.

November 24, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Looks great. I am actually waiting on IF to announce if they’ll have a special edition of some sort.

2. Kiryu
    Kiryu
    November 24, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Day one,can’t wait to play NepNep on PS4.

3. OSad
    OSad
    November 24, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Man, these games must sell like hotcakes. There’s so many of them at this point!

Not complaining, I actually own a couple on Steam, but I couldn’t enjoy Re;Birth 1 for the life of me because of all the grinding, haven’t touched Re;Birth 2 yet. The growing quantity of them suggests a massive demand for Neptune which is intriguing to me.

4. tccboss
    tccboss
    November 24, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Day one buy for Neps!

5. Juanalf
    Juanalf
    November 24, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I like the ones on ps3 hopefully this one is more like those and not the remakes.

6. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    November 24, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Anime grills doing cute video game things.

7. Annie T. Mood
    Annie T. Mood
    November 24, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I can’t play the original numbered games anymore when the Re;birth games are a thing.

8. AlexanderSquall
    AlexanderSquall
    November 24, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Looks great! :)

9. dsadsada
    dsadsada
    November 24, 2015 at 8:01 pm

I think I should have a PS4 by then so I might be able to day 1 this.

10. Sakurai
    Sakurai
    November 24, 2015 at 8:44 pm

PC/Steam release please

11. koreawut
    koreawut
    November 24, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Man I really enjoy playing these games but I’m a bit behind, and I am also trying to play through Final Fantasy and SMT (+Persona) as well. I’ll probably buy it day one but won’t get to it until I’m 50 or 60. :/

12. deadeye
    deadeye
    November 24, 2015 at 9:31 pm

I bought Re;Birth 1, and let’s just say I’m glad I caught it on sale for only $6. I played it for maybe an hour or so, and was very unimpressed by it. I don’t usually drop games that quickly, but there was just nothing interesting going on in the game at all.

And the impression I get from people that have played these games is that the sequels don’t really do anything different.

It kinda of saddens me that cute anime girls is enough to have a thriving video game franchise.

13. OSad
    OSad
    November 24, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Yeah, that was my impression by the first hour of it too. At the very least, it’s nice that they’re cheaper than your average studio release. I had my finger on the purchase button for Fairy Fencer F, but then I had to hold myself when I realized I was going to buy it only for the discounted price at launch these always have.

The writing is witty and humorous, and they sometimes crack the self-referential joke about the videogame or VN industry, which is interesting and cool. I put on a trainer to power through the gameplay and to try and pretend as much as possible that the game was a VN, but even then, after 8 hours, I fell out of it.

I’m glad these games exist and all but I really want to know what draws people to them besides kawaii anime babes, because again, they must be selling really well and doing something very right for Idea Factory to pump out so many on the same style over and over again.

14. Bianca Ann Saracino
    Bianca Ann Saracino
    November 24, 2015 at 10:33 pm

They technically did today on facebook. They posted an image of one of the items that’ll be included in the limited edition, a sweet purple heart skin for PS4.

15. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    November 24, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Well I can’t speak for anyone but myself when talking about Nep

16. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    November 25, 2015 at 12:33 am

Well I can’t speak for anyone else but myself as to why I enjoy the franchise so I’ll tell you from my subjective position. Keep in mind I played the original game and then didn’t play another one till Rebirth 1 due to personal issues in my life at the time.

The first reason I like them is due to the characters. These characters have such different and varied personalities. A genki girl, a tsundere, a tech geek, a hard core gaming otaku, a sadomasochist, etc all trying to get along with each other. Their interactions with one another drives the games comedy while engaging the player due to how relatable they are in the sense of familial relationships. In other words, they’re like one big dysfunctional family.

Another reason is the game understands what it is and doesn’t try to take itself seriously. The game is a satire of otaku culture after all and thus otaku can relate to it.

Third reason is because the girls are sexy and can kick ass.

Fourth reason has to do with the gameplay and how addictive it is. I can’t explain why but I’ve spent hours engaged in doing quests, fighting in the collesuium, unlocking shit such as weapons, armor, costumes, accessories, etc. Also each game is different enough to justify purchase. For example in Rebirth 3 your combos, sp skills, and EXE drives are all tied to your MP gauge. This was done to reduce EXE spamming and giving everybody outside the Goddess characters some use. Its similar to the tension gauge in Guilty Gear Accent Core.

The extra characters have “Awakening” which acts similar to a Goddess form. Also the characters battle wise are as different as their personalities.

Finally the games have improved over the years in regards to the original game in 2013. Which shows that Compile Heart listens to their fans.

Those are my reasons anyway.

17. Jack
    Jack
    November 25, 2015 at 1:14 am

I tried playing a nep nep game once
    i died from moe overdose

18. MusouTensei
    MusouTensei
    November 25, 2015 at 1:49 am

Hell yeah, more Nep Nep :3

19. Obbliglol
    Obbliglol
    November 25, 2015 at 5:22 am

Can’t wait, I love a bit of Nep. Man, the series has come a long way since the PS3 original. Which I imported from America. And Platinumed.

There’s something wrong with me.

20. Raspberry
    Raspberry
    November 25, 2015 at 8:05 am

Bought every Nep-Nep game out there! I sill don’t have enough Nep-Nep! MN-VII can’t come soon enough!!!

21. MusouTensei
    MusouTensei
    November 25, 2015 at 8:54 am

Nah, the game was my 1st PS3 game, and I also platinumed it.

22. OverlordZetta
    OverlordZetta
    November 25, 2015 at 9:29 am

That’s actually the opposite of the situation here. If cute girls was all it took, there would be a lot more Neptunias around, because that’s easy. Cute girls in anime and games are everywhere, and hardly make an instant sell like you suggest.

23. Flin
    Flin
    November 25, 2015 at 9:40 am

Can not wait for this new Neptunia. The way things are, I’m glad that this franchise has always been the West uncensored and without problems.

24. Obbliglol
    Obbliglol
    November 25, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Hahaha, it’s got a weird cheap-n-cheerful charm to it. It was actually the art that drew me, Tsunako’s designs are bright and cheerful. Reason I liked Fairy Fencer F as well.

25. anon9370
    anon9370
    November 25, 2015 at 6:56 pm

I can’t wait to play it on PC. Too bad they won’t do simultaneous release.

26. djluke_1993
    djluke_1993
    November 26, 2015 at 2:06 am

You moeverdosed to much…

27. 259
    259
    November 26, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I might just get the LE of this even though I don’t have a funds for a quad yet. That’s how much I want to keep Nepping.

28. Llama Adventure
    Llama Adventure
    November 26, 2015 at 7:52 pm

I’ll admit it’s grindy as fuck, but I do appreciate that it tries to disguise it by throwing tons and tons of sidequests and ingredient gathering at you so you have something to do other than just park yourself in a dungeon and grind the same 3-4 monsters for 2 hours.

29. Shaun Rauter
    Shaun Rauter
    December 6, 2015 at 12:16 am

They’re not sequels but reboots of the first HDN game, they started on PS3 which are the better versions as the remakes are a joke (I was completely disappointed by Re;Birth 1, wasted $40 on the Vita version).
    Re;Birth 1=Hyperdimension Neptunia, Re;Birth 2= HDN MK2 and Re;Birth 3= HDN Victory.

Many players seem to not be aware that MK2 and Victory are in fact reboots of the first game and are in no way related to the first game because the first game pretty much flopped it didn’t do well at all thus why the reboots where made.

Originally the whole point of the remakes was so they’d be on Vita and so the stories would be tied together from Re;Birth 1 and on but that is not the case at all, all they did was put the battle system used in Victory into Re;Birth 1 & 2 the stories was not changed.