Joe Madureira and several former Darksiders devs, under the banner of developer Airship Syndicate, have recently opened crowdfunding for Battle Chasers: Nightwar.
Based off of Maureira’s old comic book series Battle Chasers, the team are developing as a JRPG, with the classic turn based format the genre is known for.
Many other features that they’ve detailed so far include:
- Exploration in a classically presented form, littered with hidden dungeons, rare bosses and randomly appearing friends and foes.
- Old-school combat inspired by classic console RPGs, with a two-tiered mana system and turn based initiative.
- Randomly generated dungeons
- A non-linear story driven by the lore you learn on items, which will give you insight on the games’ world and lore points that are used to level up your characters abilities.
- Key story moments that will be told in 2D animation done by Powerhouse Animation Studios.
Many more details can be found on their Kickstarter page.
The game is currently being developed for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Mac. The PC version will have an option between the Steam version and the DRM free GoG version.
The game is expected to come out in December of next year.