Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Coming West This Summer

Sony have announced that Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax will finally be making its way to North America and Europe. You can watch the announcement trailer above.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is a 2D fighting game that pits characters from Dengeki Bunko novels against each other in Sega-themed worlds. The game, developed by Ecole Software and French Bread and published by Sega, was released in Japan last year.

Over on the Playstation Blog, Stephen Akana of Sega explains the gameplay so:

Fighting Climax features a fighting system that is both easily understood and complex, thus catering to veterans and newcomers alike. Using weak, medium and strong attacks, each of the playable characters have move sets that are similar in execution, yet differ in attack range, power and speed.

Assist characters each have two moves that can either help you chain your combos or add a defensive strike, giving players a large range of flexibility in custom combo creation and play style. Speaking of characters, Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter and Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles join the battle as unlockable characters in Versus and Online multiplayer modes, along with their support character counterparts Pai Chan and Alicia Melchiott.

The Western release for the Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita has been given a Summer release window.

We’ll keep you updated.

, , , ,
Dimi Gronnings

With over ten years' experience as an editor, Dimi is Niche Gamer's Managing Editor. He has indefinitely put a legal career on hold in favor of a life of video games: priorities.

1. The Gamer Of Ages
    The Gamer Of Ages
    January 29, 2015 at 10:53 am

I can now partake in my dream of bitch smacking all the fighters with Taiga. This is a glorious day indeed.

2. CrabCombat
    CrabCombat
    January 29, 2015 at 10:56 am

Finally, I can beat up Kirino in English

3. Misogynerd
    Misogynerd
    January 29, 2015 at 11:02 am

Oh man I sure love that Tsundere love interest and black haired guy in this game. Oh wait, that’s all characters… and Shizuo.

4. Pyrotek85
    Pyrotek85
    January 29, 2015 at 11:36 am

I’m still surprised we’re getting this.

5. Phelan
    Phelan
    January 29, 2015 at 11:43 am

Sadly Dengenki Bunko is coming to Europe as digital only title. Many of us feel that it is unfair decision. There are lots of people who refuse to buy digital only games, when they are released in smaller market (NA) with retail.

That is why someone created a petition. I doubt that it will work but it is worth a shot:

Now before you say that it is without any sense. Please know one thing. Their previous game released with retail was sold out in first day. To my country (european country) not a single copy of a game was shipped any my pre-ordered was cancelled by shop :(

Even on Amazon.UK they have run out of copies. When I saw that my pre-order was cancelled I went to Amazon page. I saw only one thing “you need to wait 4 week because we don’t have it anymore”

So yes RETAILS ARE SELLING IN EUROPE.

Better than SEGA assumed. So why release their next game as digital only?!

6. Nonscpo
    Nonscpo
    January 29, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Yes I am to, so psyched >_<

7. Nonscpo
    Nonscpo
    January 29, 2015 at 12:42 pm

OMG! WTF, are you serious? Oh how I want to tell off everyone whose stated that the Vita has no games or that its dead. The PS VITA is becoming my favorite handheld of all time (sorry GBC I haven’t forgotten you in my closet).

8. Firion Hope
    Firion Hope
    January 29, 2015 at 1:11 pm

I really did not expect that, I guess I’ll get it at some point just to support it, I do recognize most the characters.

9. Nonscpo
    Nonscpo
    January 29, 2015 at 1:30 pm

That’s great! I’m going to try to go thru the anime’s for the series that have characters in this game, however I recommend you skip “Irregular” if your going to marathon thru any you have missed; or at least save it till the end.

10. chero666
    chero666
    January 29, 2015 at 1:46 pm

The blonde one must fall!

11. Phelan
    Phelan
    January 29, 2015 at 3:58 pm

It still is dead… in Europe :P

12. DarkAngelRafael
    DarkAngelRafael
    January 29, 2015 at 6:10 pm

SHANA FROM MY FAVORITE ANIME SHAKUGAN NO SHANA IS A PLAYABLE FIGHTER?! SOLD! INSTA-BUY! *,..,*

13. Firion Hope
    Firion Hope
    January 30, 2015 at 4:08 am

Yeah I didn’t enjoy irregular. I’m too lazy to watch them but I’ve enjoyed the ones I have seen.

14. NuclearCherries
    NuclearCherries
    January 30, 2015 at 3:01 pm

PROS
    MISAKA
    SELVARIA BLES

CONS
    KIRITO
    KIRINO

Seems alright. You can beat up the cons. IN THE QUEEN’S ENGLISH.

15. Guest
    Guest
    February 3, 2015 at 3:42 am

more valkyria chronicles and in from of a fighting game, get keen. Also it’d be boss if they added Zephyr and Leanne from Resonance of Fate.

16. Barret Somerville
    Barret Somerville
    February 3, 2015 at 3:44 am

more valkyria chronicles and in from of a fighting game, get keen. Also it’d be boss if they added Zephyr and Leanne from Resonance of Fate, though something like that probably wouldn’t happen.

17. tccboss
    tccboss
    February 7, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Omg I can’t wait to kick the shit out of Asuna with Sylvaria.