XSEED is Localizing Corpse Party: Blood Drive

corpse party blood drive 1-1-15-1

XSEED is on a roll with setting up new localization projects for the new year, as we’ve learned they’re going to localize the highly anticipated Corpse Party: Blood Drive.

The confirmation is somewhat of a premature leak via a domain for the game being registered. To be clear, this is usually how XSEED (and most companies for that matter) handle their reveals, they set up the website domain first and then follow up with the official announcement.

Corpse Party: Blood Drive was released in Japan on the Playstation Vita back in July of last year, and its story takes place roughly two months after the events of Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.

1. SadamBober
    SadamBober
    January 1, 2015 at 8:02 am

Noice

2. landlock
    landlock
    January 1, 2015 at 10:26 am

GREAT!! can’t wait.

3. Random45
    Random45
    January 1, 2015 at 11:03 am

I played the very first Corpse Party, but never managed to beat the final level because it was insane. I also never played Book of Shadows, with that in mind, can I play this and still be able to follow the story?

4. Chloe Winsdale
    Chloe Winsdale
    January 1, 2015 at 12:14 pm

No. Parts of Book of Shadows connect directly to Blood Drive.

5. Marlon Hernandez
    Marlon Hernandez
    January 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm

YESS!! I dont know why I want to play this game, but YES!

6. Domhnall
    Domhnall
    January 1, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Book of Shadows is basically just a collection of “what-if” scenarios from the original game, with two or three routes that focus on the histories of the characters before they get involved with the events in Corpse Party.

There’s only one scenario that can in any way be connected to Blood Drive and that would be the final hidden chapter, and to be entirely honest I don’t think it’s worth buying Book of Shadows for that. Just look up the events.

That being said, do definitely finish the original. The original’s great, I just didn’t care for Book of Shadows.

January 1, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Sold!

8. blarghonk25
    blarghonk25
    January 1, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Time to play the waiting game also I’m still waiting for Corpse Party PC

9. DynastyStar
    DynastyStar
    January 1, 2015 at 7:14 pm

damn, so much Localization happening from XSEED :)

10. Nonscpo
    Nonscpo
    January 1, 2015 at 11:45 pm

So Ive actually never played a Corpse Party game, will I be okay entering with this title first or do I have to play the PSP titles first?

11. Soaringfalco
    Soaringfalco
    January 2, 2015 at 12:06 am

Not necessarily, but it does spoil some stuff for the psp game book of shadows and honestly you don’t have to play the previous titles you could play this game without previous knowledge of the rest, but do look into blood drive if you have time:)

12. Barrylocke89
    Barrylocke89
    January 2, 2015 at 4:16 am

I feel like it would be best to play the original first. And since the Vita can play PSP games through the PSN, I don’t see any reason for you to not play it first. Plus it’s an awesome game in its own right.

13. Lumina
    Lumina
    January 2, 2015 at 7:24 am

god i want it so bad aswell as dead patient…must buy

14. Lumina
    Lumina
    January 2, 2015 at 7:25 am

already spoiling my ass off causae u just want bto play it already

15. Michael Richardson
    Michael Richardson
    January 2, 2015 at 11:30 am

So excited for this. I love XSEED.
    Now if we could just get Fatal Frame V…

16. Soaringfalco
    Soaringfalco
    January 2, 2015 at 2:31 pm

update: and do check out the last psp games to get a feel for the pacing and story tidbits that might be beneficial to getting up to date in whats going on. you can also download it on your vita to.

17. MikuHatsune
    MikuHatsune
    January 2, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Actually Book of Shadows is a sequel to the Déjà vu ending from the original game since most people remember what happened before. Blood Drive will be the sequel to Book of Shadows.

18. Domhnall
    Domhnall
    January 2, 2015 at 5:13 pm

You’re right, that does make more sense for several of the stories. However, that still means that all of the stories from Book of Shadows are unrelated to Blood Drive except for the last one, since that last story is the only one that follows the “Good” ending from Blood Covered.

19. MaidKillua
    MaidKillua
    January 6, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I may have to try getting into this series now

20. Edgar
    Edgar
    February 26, 2015 at 11:18 pm

I wonder how long it will take.

21. Callum Tyler Gourlay
    Callum Tyler Gourlay
    April 24, 2015 at 9:21 am

I hope they don’t censor this game when it comes to the west. And no dub please!

22. ミライ 光秀
    ミライ 光秀
    April 26, 2015 at 11:44 pm

doubt this game will see the light of day where i live…BBCP never came out over here while other sites say it did.so i don’t have any high hopes that this game will come