Happy Holidays for 2014 from Niche Gamer

mika holiday 12-24-14-1

Greetings, Niche Gamer Nation! The Niche Gamer staff and Mika the Niche Gamer, our mascot, wanted to make a very special post to wish you a happy holiday.

This has been a very prosperous year for Niche Gamer. We’ve only been around for a year and a half but we’ve already grown from only a few hundred views/hits a day to at least 8-10,000 every day, as a concurrent readership and fanbase. We have a successful Patreon account that is helping us grow internally and will be helping us cover new grounds, with better content. Needless to say, we couldn’t have gotten this far if it wasn’t for all of you wonderful fans.

Wherever you hail from, whatever your background, race, gender, creed, sexual orientation you may be, we sincerely thank you for a wonderful year together. Let’s set our eyes on making 2015 as spectacular as 2014, and continue on our conquest of loving the less known games.

Niche Gamer Staff

The premiere enthusiast gaming site and community for niche and unique video games across the globe.

1. ConnorORT
    ConnorORT
    December 24, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Happy Holidays to based Nichegamer Nation! Given how many more obscure and rad ass games I’ve discovered through Nichegamer this year, I look forward to reading about even more next year :)

2. DarkAngelRafael
    DarkAngelRafael
    December 24, 2014 at 4:28 pm

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL, MAN! *cries an anime river* (T,..,T)

3. NuclearCherries
    NuclearCherries
    December 24, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Merry christmas! I hope we all have a joyous new year with all these Vita games coming out.

4. BeholdMyPower
    BeholdMyPower
    December 24, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Glad to have discovered you guys. Looking forward to bigger, better things next year!

5. Siveon
    Siveon
    December 24, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Merry Christmas y’all. Keep giving me stuff to snark at.

6. LenLovecraft
    LenLovecraft
    December 24, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Merry Christmas guys, keep up the good work and quality reporting, no clickbait and i’ll be a loyal reader for life.

7. Juhata
    Juhata
    December 24, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Merry christmas to you, likewise.
    Glad I found this site this year. Keep up the good work, guys!

8. MrAndrewJ
    MrAndrewJ
    December 24, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Merry Christmas, and thank you for all the great work.

9. Obbliglol
    Obbliglol
    December 24, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Congrats! Started following you this year, and this basically my new favourite site. Merry Christmas :)

December 24, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Thanks for being great, plan on becoming a patreon in January.

11. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    December 24, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Merry Christmas and happy holidays Niche Gamer!
    Glad to have found you guys, this has become one of my favorite sites. Heres hoping next year will be even better.:D

12. Game Guy
    Game Guy
    December 24, 2014 at 11:52 pm

Merry Christmas Niche Gamer and all you other people ^_^

13. Tyrannikos
    Tyrannikos
    December 25, 2014 at 12:03 am

Happy Holidays! If nothing else good ever comes from GamerGate, I’m happy it led me to Niche Gamer.

14. Keirnoth
    Keirnoth
    December 25, 2014 at 1:56 am

Thank you for being one of the few sites that stuck up for us gamers when #GamerGate started. It’s good to have a site to visit for the more “niche” titles out there. This is why I generally like smaller sites because there’s less pressure to be controversial and soapboxy. You guys report things as is and give voice to the voiceless.

Thank you so much for your support. I hope you guys grow even bigger in the future.

15. Keinart
    Keinart
    December 25, 2014 at 4:43 am

You guys are basically my source for vidya news these days, with everything that have been going on I think you are the ones who have been trustful and professionals.

Merry christmas and happy holidays

16. tccboss
    tccboss
    December 25, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Here’s to a another year of niche gamer and merry Christmas everyone

17. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Thank you for your support – we won’t let you down!

18. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Seriously thank you, I’m eternally grateful for every fan that we have, new and old. We’ll keep aggressively covering stuff, and look to put put better content!

19. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Merry Christmas :) The Vita does have lots of amazing games coming to it now! Hopefully we can review them all.

20. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Wow thank you, this kind of feedback means the world to me as we really are trying to set a new standard, even if it’s from humble beginnings. I don’t want this site to be just a news blog, I want us to put out really fun and unique content that you can’t find anywhere else.

The goal is to have Niche Gamer be your one stop shop for all of these games – to eliminate the need to go to those content scraper news blogs out there. If you can stick around until we can set up the infrastructure for this, I promise we won’t let you down!

Merry Christmas, and thank you again :)

21. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:37 pm

That’s all we’ve ever done with #GamerGate. I never wanted us to “sell out” and ride everything happening in the entire thing, for clicks. We simply tried/try to advocate for conversation, and for logical discussion on the subjects at hand.

As for the content on our site – I never want us to become a clickbait outlet like those other sites that have driven all of you awesome people away. We never will – just honest, accurate, and fun reporting on the games.

Happy holidays and I promise we won’t let you down!

22. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Merry Christmas :) Thank you for being awesome!

23. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I only have ambition for the site and its goals. With the burst of feedback, readers, and comments we’re getting, it has only emboldened myself and the few dedicated staff I have to approach our coverage and content more aggressively.

I hope that Niche Gamer can become your #1 site in the near future :) Again, thank you for being awesome and Merry Christmas!

24. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Wow thank you! Every time someone tells me this is one of, if not their favorite site, it just blows me away. I’ll never get used to it as I seriously am thankful for every single fan that we have. I’ll keep pushing us forward, as long as you keep supporting us :)

Again thank you, and Merry Christmas :)

25. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I’m glad you became a fan! Seriously thank you for the support :)

Merry Christmas, and please keep visiting, I couldn’t be more thankful for you as a fan.

26. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Merry Christmas! I hope it isn’t JUST stuff to snark at :) Seriously though, thank you for being an awesome fan!

27. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Wow that means a lot to me, it’s entirely optional and this is why I personally think fans believe in supporting us – we’re very transparent with our site, how we run it, and that we’re very clear with wanting to remain independent.

Again, thank you for being an awesome fan! I promise we won’t let you down!

28. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Merry Christmas! I promise we won’t let you down in 2015 :) Thank you for being an awesome fan!

29. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Merry Christmas! I promise that we’ll never clickbait like the mainstream gaming sites have turned to doing. It’s just not our style and we simply want to build a loyal fanbase that continually returns to our site – not via clickbaiting.

I promise we won’t let you down in 2015!

30. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Happy Holidays :)

I think regardless of what GamerGate can or will accomplish, the main thing is that we will carry on and continue to break new grounds as a website, and a community. That has always been our stance from the very beginning when I first started the site.

The key problem with some other sites is that they become reliant on clickbaiting and or riling up gamers, which is something we never want to do. This also seems to happen with some pro GamerGate sites, maybe not intentionally, but I want to let you know that we’ll never become like that.

We’re here for the gamers and the games, first and foremost, and we will never deviate from that platform. Thank you for being a fan, and I promise we won’t let you down in 2015, and that we won’t change as an outlet :)

31. Brandon Orselli
    December 25, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Merry Christmas! Thank you for being a fan, and yes I expect 2015 to be a very prosperous year for us, with lots of amazing new developments for us as a website and a community. Just wait and see ;) I promise we won’t let you down moving forward, so please keep visiting and supporting us!

32. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    December 26, 2014 at 1:03 am

Happy holidays, nichegamer! And get yourselves some rest and family time, Brandon & co. – overworking yourselves right at the start of the year won’t do you guys no good. You got your work cut out for you in 2015.

I’ve been really happy with discovering this website this year and it has turned into my primary place to visit for game-related news. I wish you guys an even more successful new year!

33. Dimi Gronnings
    Dimi Gronnings
    December 26, 2014 at 2:52 am

It’s been a blast seeing you in the comments. Happy holidays to you, too!

The site’s work, but it’s worth it when we get eyes and comments. Now I just have to figure out how to have time to write articles, review games, AND look at all the comments.

34. Matt McCoy
    Matt McCoy
    December 26, 2014 at 3:28 am

I bet waterfall tears of joy formed you when you’ve had that much readership. ^_^

35. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    December 26, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Thanks! It’s an honor to get our comments acknowledged. It makes us feel part of the site instead of just readers.

36. Brandon Orselli
    December 26, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Hey there – ahahaha thank you for the kind words.

I couldn’t believe it when we started to get more views, and more comments. To be clear, this started happening earlier this year, before GamerGate. I don’t deny GamerGate did get us a lot of new fans, but ultimately we existed before then and established a readership before then as well.

Again thank you so much for being a fan, and I promise we won’t let you down in 2015!

37. Brandon Orselli
    December 26, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Your words mean the world to me – this website is my pride and joy outside of my family, and I pour my heart and soul into it alongside Dimi.

I think with him under my wing now, we can finally start expanding and making this into a real outlet/company that can put out awesome, groundbreaking new content.

The key thing here is that I don’t want to stop with Niche Gamer being just a news blog – that’s small time for us. We’re not going to stop until we can be the defacto source for this kind of gaming news.

Again thank you so much and I promise we won’t let you down next year!

38. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    December 26, 2014 at 12:49 pm

And I’m sure you will manage to do it, even without clickbait like other places do. For what it’s worth, rest assured your loyal fans like me will help in whatever small ways we can. I’m recommending the site as much as I can both on social media and in real life when I have the chance, and I’ll chip in on the patreon after the Black Friday + Xmas burden on my credit cards alleviate.

39. passthegrenadeplease
    passthegrenadeplease
    December 26, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I can’t seem to remember how I originally found out this site, I think I was looking for a podcast that talks exclusively about video games so I did some googling and I think I stumbled into this remarkable site which I’ve been frequently coming to every now and then. Really enjoy the content that you guys put out and hearing your thoughts as well listening to the podcast, keep up great work, mmkay!

40. Brandon Orselli
    December 30, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Thank you, feedback like your’s is what keeps me going and keeps me busting my ass over the site, every day. It’s hard sometimes with everything I have going on, but thank you for being an amazing fan.

My goal for 2015 is to make Niche Gamer the site you visit every. day. FOREVER :) I want the site to be the one stop shop for all the niche gaming news in the world.