Nyko has put out a new peripheral for the Playstation 4 that is aiming to stop gamers from having to whip out their charging cables every time they have to charge their Dualshock 4.
The new device attaches to the top of the Playstation 4 and uses up both USB ports – once you dock a Dualshock 4 into it, the indicator light comes on to let you know it’s charging. It’s also available in both a glacier white, and an onyx black.
“The Modular Charge Station exemplifies the spirit of the Modular line: it’s compact, space-efficient, wireless, and above all else, completely unobtrusive,” said Nyko Marketing Director, Chris Arbogast. “We have designed a product that complements the console’s power and performance without complicating its minimalist design.”
The way the actual charging happens is, in fact, wireless – but it’s somewhat of a cop out. Featured below is the small little device that essentially allows you to mount the Dualshock 4 into the dock itself, removing the need of cable at all.
Here are the key features for the Nyko Modular Charge Station:
- A dock that simultaneously charges two DUALSHOCK®4 controllers
- A clean, wireless base that plugs directly into the console’s front USB ports – no cord or wall outlet required
- Compact, unobtrusive design inspired by the PS4’s minimalist aesthetic, small enough to be used alongside other Nyko Modular line accessories
- Soft LED icon lights that indicate each controller’s charging status
- No additional software, batteries, or extensions needed
- Both black and white versions available to match both the standard and Glacier White PS4
While the charge station itself costs $24.99, it’s available via multiple retailers like Amazon, Gamestop, and more.