Watch Hatsune Miku Perform Live on David Letterman

The 2014 Hatsune Miku Expo is going to be kicking off this weekend in New York City and Los Angeles, and we’ve already gotten some taste of what is to come.

Hatsune Miku got a pretty wonderful avenue to promote herself in the form of … a live performance on the David Letterman show! You guys asked for it in the previous article, so I made sure to find the video and post it here.

Featured above, you can press play to listen to and watch a hologram of Hatsune Miku perform “Sharing the World” with her live band that will be performing in both the aforementioned cities.

1. Chris Gregoria
    Chris Gregoria
    October 9, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Man I’m so excited. I have two tickets to her concert in NY next Saturday.

They should’ve picked a better song though. Like Odds & Ends or something. The Weekender Girl dance would’ve great to see on TV, too.

2. Topgeartony
    Topgeartony
    October 9, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Miku must be like an alien to most Americans.

3. stryk
    stryk
    October 9, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Pretty much. I can only imagine the looks of bewilderment and confusion on the faces of millions of viewers nationwide, wondering why they are being sung to by a blue-haired girl that isn’t real.

4. nonscpo
    nonscpo
    October 9, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Can’t do that, the gaijin westerners don’t understand any other language except for ‘merica! All joking aside I didn’t realize that the song was in English and I actually ended up watching the damm show.

5. Chris Gregoria
    Chris Gregoria
    October 9, 2014 at 10:50 pm

I watched it too. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s the music in the song, or the english voice bank, but Miku V3 English is really difficult to understand in that song. ><

Of course, English isn't as simple as Japanese is when it comes to phonics, so there's that. I'm willing to bet that capturing all the sounds need to do English correctly is a serious pain.

They could've at least used the english version of Tell Your World…

6. Topgeartony
    Topgeartony
    October 10, 2014 at 12:17 am

I detest those reacts videos. They’ve lost so much meaning over the years. I hate most kids in general though.

7. William Wedgewood
    William Wedgewood
    October 10, 2014 at 5:45 am

Man i hope she comes to Aus one day. i don’t even really know why

8. Sludkip
    Sludkip
    October 10, 2014 at 6:27 am

At 3.22, David waves at Miku. It seems cool at first but then he realizes how awkward it is. Still, this is awesome! If only they could play in the UK too. But it seems unlikely~ :/

9. guyman
    guyman
    October 10, 2014 at 7:29 am

“she kinda sounds like a pokemon” hahah

10. nonscpo
    nonscpo
    October 10, 2014 at 7:40 am

But I think that’s what there aiming for. If you could easily tell that its in English the purist would argue all day. By making it techno-garble like they did during the show then nobody knows if the song is in English or Japanese.

11. nonscpo
    nonscpo
    October 10, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Yeah he was really ackward about the whole thing, I just wish he’d done a better job introducing her; like most Americans know what a vocaloid is!

12. artemisthemp
    artemisthemp
    October 12, 2014 at 8:03 am

Well ain’t Denmark like the capital in Legoland to most American?

13. artemisthemp
    artemisthemp
    October 12, 2014 at 8:18 am

So you can’t be fan of Hyperdimension Neptunia character since, they ain’t real and Anime character :P

14. artemisthemp
    artemisthemp
    October 12, 2014 at 8:19 am

That’s a pretty dirty Doujin :P

15. Sludkip
    Sludkip
    October 13, 2014 at 6:51 am

He should’ve hugged her…though it’s not possible~ >_<

16. nonscpo
    nonscpo
    October 13, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Possibly that would explain why they invaded Denmark in Minecraft, assuming that you cant tell the difference between Lego’s and Minecraft.