Bandai Namco has revealed a totally new fighting game – Digimon All-Star Rumble.
The party brawling game is currently in development by studio Prope, who are known for creating the Playstation Portable game, Digimon Adventure. The story within the game takes place when the Digital World is finally in a time of peace, following many battles. Due to this newfound peace, Digimon decided to create the “Digimon Evolution Tournament,” in order to further their growth and evolution.
Digimon All-Star Rumble features 12 playable Digimon from the get-go, however they can all Digivolve into a larger roster of 32 different forms. These various evolutions run the gamut from Digimon Adventure to the latest Digimon Fusion. There is a total of 10 different battle arenas, and players can even amass DigiCards to give powerups to their Digimon.
The eight confirmed starter Digimon are: Agumon, Biyomon, Dorulumon, Gabumon, Gatomon, Shoutmon, Tentomon, and Veemon.
Here’s the game’s official press synopsis and key features:
Jam-packed with an all-star cast from the Digimon Universe, Digimon All-Star Rumble throws down with immersive 3D battle arenas and high-impact, in-your-face fighting action.
After overcoming countless crises, the Digital World now exists peacefully once again. Although Digimon quarrel amongst themselves on occasion, the world as a whole is a peaceful place… perhaps too peaceful…
The incredible defenders of the Digital World have grown bored and peace brings no satisfaction. A world without chaos has extinguished the driving force behind their existence – to Digivolve. To pacify the growing unrest, a proposal was made… “Let us gather all Digimon who seek to Digivolve and hold a tournament to crown the strongest of them all!” And so began, the “Digimon Evolution Tournament.” A tournament of Digi-monumental proportions.
- All-Star Cast – Digimon All-Star Rumble features an all-star cast of characters, each with their own unique fighting style and moves. Choose from 12 of your all-time favorite characters from the Digimon Universe spanning from Digimon Adventure to Digimon Fusion. Digivolve to unlock advanced forms!
- All New Story – Digimon All-Star Rumble features an in-depth campaign mode where players can explore the Digital World through 3D stages. Your ultimate goal is to battle your way to the top of the Digi-Rankings!
- Digi-destined to Digivolve! – Power up and Digivolve to gain advantage over your opponents and deal massive damage!
- Fun for All Ages – Easy pick-up-and-play controls for beginners.
- 10 Different Battle Arenas – Throw down in stages pulled straight from the Digimon Universe!
- DigiCards – Collect DigiCards to enhance and strengthen your Digimon in battle!
Digimon All-Star Rumble is coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 11th in North America, and sometime this fall in Europe