D3 Publisher has finally confirmed the Western release date for their latest entry in the bug-squashing shooter, Earth Defense Force. Earth Defense Force 2025 will be available on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on February 18th.
The game is getting some exclusive downloadable content that is available on day one, as well. If you pre-order the game at Gamestop, you’ll get the Air Raider Weapons Pack, which contains:
- Pure Decoy Launcher (Setsu) — a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
- The BMO3 Vegalta Gold — a limited edition, gold-coated model that will reflect radar waves and has a combat burner to throw flames. Players will also be able to take flight for short periods of time with it equipped.
The game is also getting a lot of other DLC packs, from unconfirmed retailers, which you can see below:
The Fencer Weapons Pack
- Ifrit—a cannon that launches rockets that will separate and disperse over the sea. Each rocket is equipped with multiple incendiary bombs that will ignite upon contact, causing massive damage.
- Blood Storm—a powerful cannon that will separate midair and rain down on the enemy’s head and inflict damage on an entire area.
The Wing Diver Weapons Pack
- Reflection Laser—a special laser that fires in two directions and can even shoot through narrow passageways. It’s an effective weapon with giant insects, as it can maximize range without obstruction.
- Gleipnir—this super weapon silently discharges balls of energy with the ability to launch continuous attacks. Only Wing Divers can use this weapon, as it requires the Psionic Link
The Ranger Weapons Pack
- Volatile Napalm—a military-grade discharge device that sets everything ablaze and damages the target and surrounding area.
- Pure Decoy Launcher (Mian)—a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self-destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
EDF 2025 has over 700 weapons to equip, dozens upon dozens of missions, four player online multiplayer, driveable vehicles, and lots of upgrades.
So are you ready to kill some bugs? I dunno about how you feel on the subject, but I’ve always been in the school of thought that the only good bug is a dead bug.
EDF! EDF! EDF!