Atlus has finally dumped a whole bunch of info for their upcoming Persona 4 music/rhythm spinoff, Persona 4: Dancing All Night. The game is set for Playstation Vita, and is being developed by Hatsune Miku developer Dingo.
The main staffers behind the project are a mix of developers from Atlus’s Persona Studio, and the previously mentioned Dingo studio:
- Chief Producer: Katsura Hashino
- Original Character Designer: Shigenori Soejima
- Producer: Yosuke Uda
- Producer & Director: Tatsuya Shoji (Dingo)
- Series Sound Director: Shoji Meguro
The summer after the solving the Yasogami High School-Inaba incident, Rise Kujikawa left Inaba for the city to continue pursuing her idol career. When she arrived, word around the city began spreading about a weird urban legend. At midnight, when you visit a particular website, a video will play. People who watch this video are taken to “The Other Side,” never to wake up again. After the city starts being plagued with such incidents, the main characters from Persona 4 are whisked off to that exact world and find out it’s called the “Mayonaka Stage.” To their surprise, they find the junior idol group members from Rise’s office “Kanamin Kitchen” are being held hostage. Yu Narukami sends out a call to his Investigation Team friends and together you’ll take on the Mayonaka Stage, and hopefully rescue the junior idols.
- Rise Kujikawa (voiced by Rie Kugimiya) – A Persona 4 Investigation Team member and second-year high school student. The summer following solving the Yasogami High School-Iinaba case, she left Inaba for the city to continue pursuing her idol career.
Persona 4: Dancing All Night exchanges battling for dancing, in order to defeat Shadows. Yu Narukami, along with Rise and other Investigation Team members, will take part in exciting dance battles.
- Protagonist (Yu Narukami) (voiced by Daisuke Namikawa) – The protagonist from Persona 4. After putting a close to the incident in Yasogami High School, he went back to the city and lived a normal life. The city he hails from the same city that Rise just so happened to return to. He later joins up with her after she asks for help.
- Kanami Mashita (voiced by Minako Kotobuki) – She’s one of Rise’s junior idols, and goes by the nickname Kanamin. As a junior idol, she has lots of fans, and is adored by many. Other members from her group, the Kanamin Kitchen, go missing in the Mayonaka Stage.
Persona 4: Dancing All Night encompasses over 30 tracks, varying from completely new pieces to arranged versions of previous music from the Persona franchise. Stages and dances have been created for each individual track, and all of the Investigation Team’s members can jump in on the action. The confirmed tracks so far include: “Pursuing My True Self,” “Heaven,” “Reach Out to the Truth,” “Time to Make Nistory,” and “True Story.” Some talented musicians like Tetsuya Komuro and Daisuke Asakura are working with Atlus on the game’s soundtrack.
You can check out the first batch of screenshots below: