Indie developer GUTS Department has confirmed the release date for Aegis Defenders.
The 2D action-platforming game with tower defense mechanics will launch on February 8th across PC, Mac (via Steam), and PlayStation 4.
Alongside the news of the release date is that the game is getting a Nintendo Switch port on the same day. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the game’s Switch port.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
HUMANITY HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK INTO THE DARK AGES, BUT REMNANTS OF A ONCE HIGHLY ADVANCED CIVILIZATION STILL EXIST.
In a world where control over ancient technologies means power, a ruthless Empire has arisen. You play as a team of Ruinhunters searching for the one thing that can save their village – a legendary weapon known as Aegis.
Explore, build, & defend in this 2D platformer that blends Metroidvania style combat with Tower Defense strategy.
- Play through the game in either single-player or split-screen coop.
- Build blocks, turrets, and traps to defend an area from hordes of enemies in our Tower-Defense inspired combat.
- Learn the secrets of the ancients and the origin of an empire in our extensive story mode.
- EXPLORE – Discover the world of Elam, a beautiful yet dangerous place lost to time. Brimming with dangerous beasts, forgotten ruins, and powerful relics, Elam is brought to life with uniquely handpainted pixel art style.
- BUILD – Level up your items and weapons in the shop to take in bigger and badder enemies. Adjust your strategy on the fly with the “Fusion Build” system. Try fusing different combinations of items together to change your defensive setup.
- FIGHT – Fight off enemies from all sides – but you won’t have to do it alone. With Dynamic Character Swapping you’ll need to switch between multiple characters on the battlefield, position your characters carefully, and utilize their passive abilities effectively to survive. Various Tower Defense Scenarios – Defending one point can be hard enough but that’s just the beginning. As the game progresses, you’ll need to defend moving targets, targets that have dynamic abilities like activating doors/weapons, and even targets that don’t want to be protected…