Q-Games are finally returning to their classic and addicting PixelJunk Monsters series, however the new game is planned for mobile and its seeking crowdfunding to finish its development.
The new game, PixelJunk Monsters Duo, is an ambitious new entry in the tower defense series planned to allow for up to two players to cooperatively play it on a smartphone.
According to Q-Games, the project grew in scale and they’re now seeking extra help with crowdfunding, via Kickstarter. Featured above, you can view their pitch video featuring company founder, president, and managing director Dylan Cuthbert.
Here’s a rundown of what to expect in the new game:
The Mobile Advantage
Fans have been clamoring for the return of PixelJunk Monsters and we’ve been listening! We want to bring it to them and hopefully to a whole new group of players as well! Allowing anyone to pick up and play Monsters on their phone is one of the best ways to do that.
We’ve decided to make the project a free-to-play title in order to make it easier to keep new stages, islands, monsters, and other features coming as fast as we can whip them up. But it’s going to be a big undertaking–and we need your help!
The Growth of Monsters
One of the coolest things we have planned is the introduction of card and deck based gameplay, used to place towers, bombs, special effects, and more! Collect cards to unlock more powerful items and defend the Chibis against tougher and more dangerous monsters.
A fully translated version of the concept art is one of our Facebook Likes stretch goals!*² Don’t hesitate–like our Facebook page right now!
Power from the People
With your support, we’ll continue to add new cards, maps, towers, stages, and enemies to keep the game fun and exciting for a long time to come!
Want to see more upcoming towers? Be sure to visit our Facebook page and add to those likes!*²
Planting the Seeds
Of course, we want to give something great back to all of our backers. Here are some of the goodies in store for you!
- Prototype invitation: Help us make PixelJunk Monsters the best it can be! YOU GET TO PLAY IT BEFORE RELEASE!
- Smartphone wallpaper: Show off your love of PixelJunk Monsters on your phone!
- PixelJunk Monsters t-shirts: These stylish designs are environmentally friendly!
- PixelJunk Monsters dress: Frolic in the forest in this festive frock!
- Tikiman plush doll: Cuddle with your own protector of the forest. CUTE AND CUDDLY!
- PixelJunk Monsters board game: Enjoy a different flavor of Monsters fun on your table top!
- Tower miniatures: Plan your strategies with miniature towers! COOL MINIATURE REPLICAS!
An initial funding goal is set at roughly $107,000, for iOS and Android devices. There’s a multitude of rewards tiers including things like a Tikiman plush, miniatures of towers, and more.
If you’re looking to back PixelJunk Monsters Duo, head on over to its Kickstarter page.