Ubisoft Reflections, the folks beind Grow Home and its sequel Grow Up, has announced an entirely new game: Atomega.
The new game is an online multiplayer first-person shooter built with “a creatively experimental mindset.” Featured above, you can view the game’s debut trailer.
A worldwide PC (via Steam) release is set for September 19th, for $9.99. Here are the first screenshots:
Here’s a rundown on the game, via Ubisoft:
Grow, fight, collect and evade in the last cosmic arena at the very end of time. Acquire MASS to evolve your EXOFORM from the nimble ATOM to the godlike OMEGA and compete for fun and dominance in a fast-paced, multiplayer shooter. ATOMEGA™ !
It is the very end of time. Reality dissolves like cotton candy in a puddle and all that exists are EXOFORMS, super advanced post-biological lifeforms; masters of matter and energy and the last, distant relative to man and machine. As the laws of physics slowly repeal the EXOFORMS fight for fun and dominance, replaying the final moments of the universe over and over in the last arena that will ever exist. ATOMEGA™ !
- 1st person retro-arena shooter. FIGHT LIKE IT’S THE END OF TIME!
- A single arena on the brink of destruction. MASTER YOUR LAST MOMENTS!
- Compete online with up to 8 players. COMPETE FOR GLORY!
- Collect Mass to evolve through 7 EXOFORMs from nimble ATOM to godlike OMEGA each with different strengths, weaknesses and tactical advantages. BIGGER IS BETTER!
- Sustain OMEGA form to dominate the arena. YOU ARE LIKE UNTO A GOD!
- Collect 10 HACKS to temporally boost your abilities. WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING!