NIS America has shared a new trailer for Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.
Featured above, the new trailer introduces the game’s main cast of characters, the first in their “Ultimate Roll Call” series of trailers.
The trailer introduces the following characters:
- Ryoma Hoshi (Ultimate Tennis Pro) – From middle school onward, Ryoma was a talented tennis player with a bright future ahead of him, and had won championships around the world. But after he used his tennis skills and a custom-made steel tennis ball to kill members of an organized crime syndicate, he was arrested, found guilty, and sentenced to death. Awaiting his punishment on death row before arriving at the Ultimate Academy, Ryoma claims he is no longer the same person who was bestowed the title of Ultimate Tennis Pro. Displaying a maturity that is rare among teenagers, Ryoma seems older than his appearance would suggest. Even in the presence of pain and death, Ryoma remains unflappable.
- Kaito Momota (Ultimate Astronaut) – Astronaut cadets must have a college degree and pass a rigorous exam before they can even be considered for the astronaut training program. Kaito, however, used forged documents to take the exam before he graduated high school, and became the first teenager to pass it. Ultimately, Kaito’s forgery was discovered. But his unorthodox approach to the exam piqued such interest that he was accepted as a cadet anyway. Though Kaito still has yet to visit outer space, his romanticized view of the cosmos remains stronger than ever. Valuing dreams and passion above all else, Kaito often dispenses such wisdom as “Limits don’t exist unless you set them yourself!” and “You gotta be a little reckless to make your dreams reality!”
- Himiko Yumeno (Ultimate Magician) – A skilled magician who claims her tricks are the result of real magic. Himiko is the youngest recipient of the Magician of the Year award from the Magic Castle, an organization made up of stage magic enthusiasts from around the world. However, she claims this award was just a clever ruse to hide her actual magic powers from the rest of the world. She complains about the constant requests she receives from people who don’t believe her magic is real, but still want to see her performances. Regardless of whether it’s parlor tricks or real magic, Himiko has an uncanny knack for card and coin magic tricks, as well as making doves appear out of thin air. But despite the high demand for her magical aptitude, Himiko is also extremely lazy.
- Angie Yonaga (Ultimate Artist) – A zealously devout girl who claims that her island god, Atua, is always by her side. Though Angie draws and sculpts, she considers herself an instrument of Atua, and credits her artistic works to him and him alone. She has an upbeat, somewhat ditzy attitude, and often says unique remarks such as “Bye-onara.” Chief among her personality quirks is her claim to speak on her god’s behalf, as well as her tendency to ask others for (non-fatal) blood sacrifices to Atua.
- Monodam (Monokuma Kub) – Monodam’s heart has hardened due to the years of bullying he has endured. For this reason, he barely speaks to his siblings. In stark contrast to the plushie appearance of the other Monokubs, Monodam is the only member with a distinctly robotic body.
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony is launching for both PlayStation 4 and PS Vita on September 26th in North America and on September 29th in Europe, and for PC (via Steam) worldwide on September 26th.