This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Regalia: of Men and Monarchs is a loving homage to classic turn-based Japanese RPGs, and we actually wrote about it back when it was on Kickstarter. Now, the game has been fully released and it’s been polished to a mirror finish.
We described the game like “Disgaea meets Persona,” and that definitely still holds true as the finished product has all the planned social links, story progression, and of course – party based, tactical combat on a grid. Featured above, you can view the latest trailer for the game.
Players will enter a “cheerful fantasy world” filled with weirdness and wonder, with the ultimate goal being the retaking and proper rebuilding of your kingdom. You can also make new friends along the way and do lots of random things and develop “the ultimate team of misfits.”
Here are the game’s key features:
- Robust turn-based battles with varied objectives and lots of viable strategies
- 6 various regions to explore, each filled with battles, adventures, bosses and more!
- More than 20 unique characters to meet, recruit or befriend. Foster relationships and create the ultimate team of misfits!
- All you need to be a successful king: town management, diplomacy, expeditions
- A light-hearted story with tons of humour and a fair amount of epicness
- Over 30 hours of gameplay
- Huge replayability factor: you won’t discover all the content in just one playthrough
- Craft new, powerful weapons
- Beautiful graphics with hand-drawn 2D backgrounds
- Orchestral soundtrack composed by Game Audio Factory (Endless Legend, Endless Space, Furi)
- Professional English voice acting
- Samurai dwarves!
Polish studio Pixelated Milk developed the game over the course of a few years, including the work put into the game before its Kickstarter campaign.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!