Brace Yourself Games are readying a new expansion for Crypt of the Necrodancer, their roguelike music/rhythm game.
The new “Amplified” expansion is actually a prequel to the original game, and it puts you in control of the shapeshifting protagonist Nocturna.
“Crypt of the NecroDancer is a MUCH better game because of all the great feedback we received from our community during Early Access, and we know that the same will be true of Early Access for Crypt of the NecroDancer: Amplified,” the studio said in a press release. “Also, Early Access permits us to get the DLC into your hands more quickly, and we know that there are many of you who are anxious to start playing.”
Your mission is to fight through electrifying new levels, boss battles. and more. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the expansion, which is set to it Steam Early Access on January 24th for PC, Mac, and Linux. No word on when the console versions will get this update, but we expect to get word soon.
Here are the game’s key features:
- A whole new zone full of nefarious new enemies!
- A powerful new protagonist: Nocturna!
- New weapons, armor, and other loot
- Pet-like “familiars” that stay by your side and help you fight!
- A new story cutscene and a new boss battle
- Over 20 new tracks have been added to the soundtrack, including vocals from Mega Ran as “FortissiMole”!
- A completely new playable OST remix created by OverClocked ReMix
More features are promised to come throughout Early Access:
- More playable characters
- More gameplay modes
- More items
- Final story cutscenes
- And Nocturna’s final boss battles!
In case you missed it, you can find our review for Crypt of the Necrodancer here (we highly recommend it!).