Publisher Another Indie and developer Baroque Decay have announced the “Executive Edition” for Yuppie Psycho, their excellent work-horror adventure game.
The new version of the game comes with over 2 hours of new content, three new endings, and new areas and bosses, and is coming to Windows PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch (via the eShop) on October 29th. A price is set at $16.66, and owners of the original game on PC will get the DLC free.
The game was also planned for PS4 and Xbox One, however Baroque Decay has confirmed to Niche Gamer they’re waiting to see how the Switch version does, as market research pointed to PS4 and Xbox One players not being that interested in the title.
Here’s a new trailer for the new release:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Make it through your first day at Sintracorp in the world’s only; First Job, Survival Horror!
Join Brian Pasternack, a young man with no future in a dystopian 90s society, on his first day at one of the world’s largest companies, Sintracorp. Uncertain, unprepared, and massively unqualified, will Pasternack have what it takes to shine in Sintracorp’s hierarchy? It all depends on how he performs on his first assignment… and whether he survives it.
The Yuppie Psycho: Executive Edition includes new areas, new bosses, and hours of carefully crafted new content to build on the Yuppie Psycho universe.
During his unconventional employee orientation, Pasternack discovers what his new job really entails: hunting a “witch” whose powers made the success of the corporation possible in the first place, but who now seems to have returned to torment its employees. Brian will meet all kinds of odd characters, escape from terrible creatures, and unravel the hidden secrets of Sintracorp’s dark past.
- Familiarize Yourself with Your Workspace: Use the elevator to discover who’s working and what’s lurking on every floor of Sintracorp.
- Learn Office Protocol: Learn when to chat, when to work, and when to cower in terror from otherworldly beings.
- Engage in Watercooler Conversation: Investigate your co-workers and discover their sordid, blood-soaked secrets.
- Consider your five-year goal: Only you can choose how this story will end, so make your decisions carefully!
- Assess health and safety: Use different light methods to light your path and reveal what is breathing in the dark.
- Conduct a Rigorous Personal Assessment: Find clues, solve riddles, discover new paths – all without letting the Witch catch you!