Sega have announced an English dub for Yakuza: Like a Dragon, along with an updated release date and that the game is coming to PlayStation 5.
IGN reports the optional English dub will include George Takei as antagonist Masumi Arakawa. You can find the confirmed English dub cast below.
- Ichiban Kasuga – Kaiji Tang (Tsumugu Kinagase in Kill la Kill, Archer in Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Guts in Berserk , Jann Lee in Dead or Alive 6)
- Masumi Arakawa – George Takei (Commander Sulu in Star Trek, Hosato in Kubo and the Two Strings, Emperor Yoshiro in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3)
- Koichi Adachi – Andrew Morgado (Void Magus in Darksiders Genesis, Kollector in Mortal Kombat 11, Bruno Delacroix in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Yu Nanba – Greg Chun (Scotch in Final Fantasy VII Remake, Lowain in Granblue Fantasy: Versus, Ren Wuying in Shenmue III, Kaname Date in AI: The Somnium Files)
- Saeko Mukoda – Elizabeth Maxwell (Arisa Uotani in Fruits Basket , Winter Schnee in RWBY, Sae Niijima in Persona 5, Ymir in Attack on Titan, Albedo in Overlord, Urbosa and Riju in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Sega also reportedly confirmed that a “PlayStation 5 upgrade path is also being planned for the Western release,” much like the Smart Delivery between Xbox One and Xbox Series X. Even so, a PlayStation 5 release is currently slated for “at a later date” compared to the Xbox Series X release.
This would mark the first time since the original Yakuza in 2006 that the series has seen an English dub. Ryu ga Gotoku Studio also produced Judgement with an optional English dub.
You can find the English dub trailer and announcement by Kaiji Tang and George Takei (via IGN) below.
Pre-orders for the game’s special editions have begun. The Day Ichi Edition ($59.99 USD) contains the Legends Costume Set, with eight costumes inspired by Yakuza characters. The physical edition will also reportedly come in a SteelBook.
The Hero Edition ($69.99 USD) will include the above, plus the Job Set (for Devil Rocker and Matriarch classes), and Management Mode set (for extra employees for the Management Mode minigame).
Finally, the Legendary Hero Edition ($89.99 USD) includes all of the above, along with bonus items in the Crafting Set, Karaoke Set, Stat Boost Set, and Ultimate Costume Set.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is available in Japan, and launches November, 2020 in the west on Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Holiday 2020 for Xbox Series X, and coming soon to PlayStation 5.
Image: Yakuza: Like a Dragon official website