Focus Home Interactive have announced a Game of the Year Edition (“GOTY Edition”) for World War Z on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
As detailed on the Focus Home Interactive forums, along with the base game there will be a new location with three new missions, all current and future content in the season pass. This new content includes:
- “New Episode! Three new PvE missions in the French city of Marseille with its own maps, story and characters.
- Weapon Packs! The Lobo Weapon Pack, Biohazard Weapon Pack, Military Bundle Weapon Pack, the upcoming Last Aid Weapon Pack, plus 1 more upcoming weapon pack.
- Characters Packs! The Professionals Character Skin Pack and War Heroes Character Skin Pack.”
Older content added to the game after it launched will also be included, including Hoard Mode Z, Xbox One-PC crossplay, new PvE missions and enemies, the weekly challenge mode, the extreme six-skulls difficulty, and more.
Finally, a new playable class “with a unique skill tree and abilities” will be coming via a free update later in 2020, along with other content in the future.
You can find the full rundown on the base game (via the Epic Games Store) below.
Outlive the dead
World War Z is a heart-pounding four-player cooperative third-person shooter featuring massive swarms of zombies that recklessly rush their living prey.
Focused on fast-paced gameplay — and inspired by the incredibly popular Paramount Pictures property of the same name — World War Z explores new storylines and characters from around the world in tense, overwhelming, gruesomely exciting missions crafted specifically for modern PCs.
- Battle swarms of hundreds of zombies in gruesomely spectacular firefights
- Coop story-driven campaigns
- Fight other survivors in Player vs Player vs Zombies modes
Level 6 character classes and weapon upgrades to take on greater challenges:
- Gunslinger – For those who skip the questions and shoot first, the Gunslinger is loaded with an arsenal of weapon damage and ammo-boosting perks to mow down the dead.
- Hellraiser – Enough explosives can solve any problem! Hellraisers come armed with C4 and other tools for effective crowd control.
- Slasher – For warriors with a sense of elegance, the best way to kill is with your trusty blade. Slashers have perks that increase melee damage and effectiveness while their armed tasers deliver electrifying results.
- Medic – Sometimes the best way to fight the undead is keeping your teammates from becoming one of them. Armed with a Stim Pistol, Medics can heal fellow survivors from a distance and help keep the chaos under control.
- Fixer – When versatility in any situation is the highest priority, the Fixer is there for you, starting out with an explosive ammo case and several teammate ammo-restoring perks.
- Exterminator – Fire is the answer! Armed with Molotov cocktails and increased fire damage, the Exterminator just wants to watch the undead burn.
World War Z GOTY Edition launches May 5th for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
World War Z is available Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.