Blizzard Entertainment has announced World of Warcraft Dragonflight, the latest post-launch expansion for the long-running MMORPG.
World of Warcraft Dragonflight was revealed in the game’s new livestream today, and as the name implies – it focuses almost entirely on dragons. World of Warcraft Dragonflight also adds a new Dragon Isles region, which is split up into four zones.
Dragonflight even adds a new race – the draconic Dracthyr, which also bring with them the new exclusive Evoker class and can go between dragon or human form at will. Regardless the furries will be set for years of content with the Dracthyr, so that’s something to consider.
Here’s a new trailer:
There will also naturally be new dragon mounts in World of Warcraft Dragonflight, as well as the “largest talent system revamp yet”, alongside improvements to the UI and HUD, and new professions and crafting trees.
Here’s a rundown on World of Warcraft Dragonflight:
World of Warcraft Dragonflight
The dragons of Azeroth have played a central role in the world’s affairs, guiding the mortal races and influencing events with their considerable power—occasionally for their own ends. As their sacred broodlands reawaken, the dragons will call on the heroes of the Alliance and Horde to help reckon with the threats and mysteries that are beginning to surface.
- Discover the Dragon Isles: In their journey to the new level cap of 70, players will explore the primordial wonder and ancient secrets of the Dragon Isles across four new zones—the Waking Shores, roiling with elemental power; the vast expanse of the Ohn’ahran Plains; the frosty peaks of the Azure Span; and the majestic spires and temples of Thaldraszus.
- New Playable Race/Class Combo: Players will menace their foes (or empower their allies) as a dracthyr Evoker, WoW’s first-ever race/class combo. They’ll design both humanoid and draconic forms, pick between the Alliance and Horde, and venture forth as a healer or ranged damage-dealer that harnesses the collective might of all dragonkind.
- Soar Through the Skies: Dragonflight introduces Dragonriding, an all-new skill-based method of aerial movement that allows players to take to the skies on the back of their personal Dragon Isles Drake. Players will customize their drake as they progress through the expansion, collecting more appearance options and enabling them to fly farther and faster.
- Talent System Revamp: The new talent system empowers players to make creative and flavorful talent choices without compromising their effectiveness—and most importantly, it gives them meaningful options at every level.
- Improved Professions: Crafters rejoice! In Dragonflight, players who aspire to become renowned for their crafts will find a host of new features and tools to fuel their ambitions, including player-driven work orders, new profession equipment, and an all-new specialization system.
- Updated UI: Dragonflight will refresh the World of Warcraft user interface, with improvements to the look and feel of the minimap and other elements, and new options for players to customize different aspects of the UI to their tastes.