Publisher Thunderful Games and developer Zoink Games have announced Wavetale is launching for PC and consoles in December.
Following its exclusive debut on Google Stadia (which is shutting down now), the third-person adventure game is coming to Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 on December 12th.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer for the ports:
Explore an open sea and the decaying archipelago of Strandville in Wavetale, a story-driven action-adventure game introducing you to fed-up fishermen, secretive hermits – and maybe a pirate or two. Traverse calm waters and surging waves as Sigrid, a young girl who befriends a mysterious shadow that provides her with the power to walk on water.
Speed through the waves, swing yourself from housetops with your net, and defeat an old nemesis to save the citizens of the islands. All with a bit of help from the shadows down below—and your cranky grandmother.
- Speed through the open sea and swing yourself between buildings in this fast-paced adventure
- Experience a heart-warming story about loss and reconciliation
- Make new acquaintances amongst Strandvilles diverse cast of islanders – from the charmingly cocky surfer girl to an old fisherman turned fashion designer
- Change your appearance with collectible hats, hair dyes and outfits
- Fill the pages of Sigrid’s scrapbook with special drawings to learn more about her world