With the Kickstarter clock winding down, developer InXile has, understandably, been a bit more frequent with their updates. The latest one involves a fascinating little video that takes you behind the scenes to see how they developed the look of Skara Brae and where the ideas for its construction came from.
Touring the Scottish countryside, InXile took images of tombstones, castles, and earthen huts in an effort to make the most authentic-looking game they could. It seems to have worked too, since when showing the in-engine footage, the environment they were walking around in looked every bit as gorgeous as it did in the screens.
Also of note is that InXile is holding a special wrap party for when the Kickstarter officially ends:
- Our Kickstarter is ending this Friday, so just 3 days to go! As always, we want to end with a bang!
- We will be having a Kickstarter wrap event in Newport Beach this Friday, between 4 PM and 9 PM PST. If you are in the Newport Beach, California area and would like to attend, we have reserved some openings exclusively for Bard’s Tale IV Kickstarter backers. The spots are limited and it will be first come first served, so respond quickly!
- If you wish to attend, let us know at [email protected] or using our support form, and we’ll get you more information on the location.
- But we won’t be keeping all the fun to backers who can attend personally. During the same event, we’ll also be running a Twitch stream hosted by renowned Twitch streamer Quill18! You will not want to miss it!
- You can check in on the festivities during our Final Day Stream which kicks off at about 4 PM to 6 PM PST, by watching on Quill’s channel or hosted through our own channel. We will make it available on our YouTube channel afterwards.