Publisher Deep Silver and developer inXile Entertainment have announced the release date for Wasteland 3.
The latest in their turn-based strategy RPG will launch on May 19th, 2020 for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the game.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
From the creators of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera comes Wasteland 3! Following the critically acclaimed releases of 2014’s Wasteland 2 and 2015’s Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut, fans have been clamoring for a direct sequel. Wasteland 3 is currently in development with a target release in spring 2020.
- A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
- By including a player vehicle, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2‘s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
- Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.