As part of a wrap party for The Bard’s Tale IV and its successfully funded Kickstarter, developer Inxile ran through a sizable chunk of the new Wasteland 2 director’s cut. Starting at around the 30 minute mark in the presentation and (sadly) ending ten minutes later, you can watch it yourself on Quill18’s Twitch channel.
The video also has news and images of the other Inxile games, such as Torment: Tides of Numenera and (naturally) the Bard’s Tale IV, though neither showed the kind of in-depth footage that Wasteland 2 did.
Also, a recent Kickstarter update for the game reveals more info about the precision strike mechanic:
- On that note, we also wanted Precision Strikes to all be useful in their own ways. We made sure each type of Precision Strike had its own unique qualities. Different enemies have different strengths and weaknesses (something we had to further refine and accentuate thanks to our rebalancing and new additions like Precision Strikes and Perks), and with Precision Strikes you will have ways to counter them effectively.
- When attacking enemies, you have up to four Precision Strike options. We are still tweaking the numbers a bit, but their effects are:
- Head: 1.35x damage, +25% crit bonus, chance of rendering the enemy confused or psychotic, causing them to attack their friends or behave erratically. Significant Chance to Hit penalty.
- Torso: 0.8x damage, reduces the enemy’s Armor. Small Chance to Hit penalty.
- Arms: 0.7x damage, reduces the enemy’s Chance to Hit, chance of destroying their weapon and causing it to explode in a shower of shrapnel. Moderate Chance to Hit penalty.
- Legs: 0.7x damage, reduces the enemy’s Combat Speed, chance of knocking them down and reducing their Action Points. Moderate Chance to Hit penalty.