Publisher PLAION and developer Caged Element (GRIP: Combat Racing) have announced Warhammer 40,000: Speed Freeks.
The brand new free-to-play racing game set within the Warhammer universe is coming to PC (via Steam). An alpha playtest is available right now for everyone to try out.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
In the 41st Millennium, a kult of unhinged, speed-obsessed Orks have emerged from their endless Waaaghs! They call themselves SPEED FREEKS.
Addicted to the sound of roaring engines, blistering speed, suffocating smoke, whipping winds and scorching fire, these freeks bring their supercharged mob of war-torn buggies, bikes, tanks and trukks into the Speedwaaagh!
Players assemble their mob of dakka-spitting wagons, pushing their team to victory across multiple maps in this explosively unique take on the combat racing and shooter genres. Obliterate your Ork foes with kunnin’ strategies and brute force as your team speeds towards ultimate glory.
Are you looking for more speed and more dakka in your life? Look no further YA GITS!
This alpha version of the game is a bit scrappy, ramshackle and bolted together – just like the Orks that drive in it. Please keep in mind that there will be bugs/issues, and we still have some development to go, with us wanting players to be a part of it.
- Class-Based Racing and Shooter Gameplay – Choose from various classes of vehicle including killers, tanks and support wagons, each with distinct abilities that target a variety of playstyles. With 7 unique vehicles, you’ll always find one that caters to your current gaming mood – especially if it’s just wanting to make things go BOOM!
- Intense Multiplayer Mayhem – Bring out your biggest and flashiest Dakka and fight your way to the finish in chaotic 16 player matches. Featuring a variety of badass vehicles to choose from and richly decorated maps to battle in, no two matches ever turn out the same.
- Epic Game Mode – Speed Freeks’ Alpha game mode is a hard-hitting combat racing conquest that ends in a glorious sprint to the finish. A fresh take on the vehicular shooter, this mode has players racing to capture points where they battle it out for the bigger score, and has them pushing the pedal to the metal in a race towards the finish.
- Snazzy Visuals – Feast your eyes on speedy and explosive chaos powered by Unreal Engine 5. Live out your ultimate Warhammer 40,000 Ork gaming fantasy like never before with authentic vehicles and characters blazing through the grim dark future.
- Speed and Dakka – DO WE GOTS TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YA?!DIS IS WHERE YOUZ GET ALL DA SPEED N’ DAKKA YOUZ CAN GET YER MITTS ON! NOW GO N’ GET IT YA GITS!