Publisher Chucklefish and developer Robotality have announced Wargroove 2, a pixelated sequel strategy game.
Wargroove 2 is in development for Windows PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch. A release date wasn’t announced at this time.
The original Wargroove has been available for Windows PC (via Humble Bundle, and Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. In case you missed it, you can find our review for the base game here!
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
Wargroove is back! Embark on an all-new adventure, filled with unlikely friendships, unknown adversaries, and ugly revenge plots.
Wage war against your foes with a cast of new Commanders and utilise their new tiered ‘groove’ ability system to sway the fight in your favour. Design and share maps, cutscenes, and campaigns with easy-to-use editors and in-depth customization tools.
- COMMAND THE LAND, SEA, AND SKY – Three years have passed since Queen Mercia and her allies defeated the ancient adversaries and restored peace to Aurania. Now, an ambitious foreign faction is unearthing forbidden technologies that could have catastrophic consequences for the land and its people. Battle your way through 3 Campaigns following 1 interweaving story. Only bold decisions, smart resourcing, and tactical know-how can repair a fractured realm…
- ALL-NEW GROOVE SYSTEM – Take down your enemies and deliver the final blow with your Commander’s ‘Groove’, a special skill unique to each Commander that can turn the tides of battle. Wargroove 2 introduces a new Groove system to the mix. Increase your chances of victory by supercharging your Commander’s Groove ability to unleash an even more powerful attack!
- LEAD A ROGUELIKE CONQUEST – Conquest is a brand new roguelike single-player game mode. In these quick-paced, bite-sized battles every choice is permanent. Gold and health carry from skirmish to skirmish, and no unit is dispensable. Choose your Commander, starting troops and plan your route to victory!
- CREATE, CUSTOMIZE & SHARE THE ART OF WAR – Sick of the rules? Change ‘em! Want to write a soul-wrenching novella about forbidden love in a war-torn land? Eat your heart out! There’s something for everyone. Using the in-game editor you can create custom maps, cutscenes and campaigns, and even share them with the community!
- MAKE FRIENEMIES TODAY! – Play up to 4 player co-op or versus battles, locally or online. Featuring complete rule-customisation and asynchronous play. Can’t wrangle your besties into battle? Come join our Discord and find a partner!