Gaijin Entertainment are running a new limited time event for their multiplayer vehicular combat game, War Thunder.
The Strategist is a “crafting event” that works somewhat like a tabletop wargame. Players acquire components during matches, from crates, or through the marketplace to assemble miniatures representing different types of soldiers. These miniatures are used to attack positions on a board, and reaching the end of the board awards secret documents that can be traded in for exclusive vehicles.
The four unique vehicles on offer are the Israeli Merkava Mk.3D (which is part of the American tech tree), Soviet BI interceptor, German Lübeck F224 frigate, and German Sd.Kfz.251/10 halftrack. You can learn more about the event here, and from the trailer below.
The Strategist event runs until October 5th.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
War Thunder is the most comprehensive free-to-play, cross-platform, MMO military game for Windows, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, and naval craft from World War II and the Cold War. Join now and take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with millions of players from all over the world in an ever-evolving environment.
In War Thunder, aircraft, attack helicopters, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 1,700 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
- Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4 with Xbox One users being included in PC battles – everyone on the same server.
- Over 1,700 highly detailed aircraft, helicopters, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- 100 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.
- Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.
- Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
War Thunder is available on Windows PC, Linux, Mac (all via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.