Gaijin Entertainment have released the Red Skies update for their vehicle-based multiplayer shooter, War Thunder.
The Red Skies update introduces the long-awaited Rank VII aircraft; including the MiG-23M, the F-4F Phantom, the F-5E, and the J-7E. Several existing aircraft have also been moved up to Rank VII. Some of the other new vehicles include the T-80BVM, the PGZO9, the PGZO4A, the Marder A1-, the WMA301, the ITO 90M, the TAM 2IP, the Concept 3, the Dante Alighieri, and the USS Wyoming.
Other new features include the Drowned City and Red Desert maps, commander sights on tanks, the ability to extinguish fires on allied tanks, gun cams in naval battles, and more. You can read more about the update here, and find the update trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
War Thunder is the most comprehensive free-to-play, cross-platform, MMO military game dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, from the early 20th century to the most advanced modern combat units. Join now and take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with millions of players from all over the world in an ever-evolving environment.
In War Thunder, aircraft, attack helicopters, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 1,900 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
- Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One with Xbox Series X|S – everyone on the same server.
- Over 2,000 highly detailed aircraft, helicopters, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- 100 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.
- Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.
- Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
War Thunder is available on Windows PC, Linux, Mac (all via Steam), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.