Gaijin Entertainment have released a gameplay trailer discussing War Thunder‘s upcoming New Power update.
War Thunder is available on Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One; with next-gen versions releasing in mid-November. The New Power update will include a large number of changes to the game’s fleet battles and ship tech tree, including the introduction of battlecruisers and battleships from the pre-WWII era.
The ship tech tree will be divided into two sections: Coastal Fleets (which include smaller vessels like gunboats, torpedo boats, and frigates), and Blue Water Fleets (which include heavier ships like destroyers, and the new battlecruisers and battleships). You can read more about the update here, and find the new trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
War Thunder is the most comprehensive free-to-play, cross-platform, MMO military game for Windows, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, and naval craft from World War II and the Cold War. Join now and take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with millions of players from all over the world in an ever-evolving environment.
In War Thunder, aircraft, attack helicopters, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 1,700 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
- Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4 with Xbox One users being included in PC battles – everyone on the same server.
- Over 1,700 highly detailed aircraft, helicopters, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- 100 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.
- Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.
- Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!