The update gets its name from the addition of terrain deformation. Bombs and shells will leave craters that can be used as cover. Not only that, but some vehicles can equip dozer blades to build ditches and defilades, allowing them to enter a hull-down position to cover up vulnerabilities. Players can now get more detailed information about each vehicle’s weak spots in the hanger.
The update also adds an Israeli tech tree, along with dozens of new vehicles for multiple nations. Some of these include the Spitfire LF Mk IXe, the Wiesel series of light recon tankettes, the Ystervark, the HMS Marlborough, the USS Mitscher, the Mi-28NM, the ZLT-11, the Aj37, the Sprut-SDM1, and many more. Some existing aircraft have been upgraded with new guided missiles and targeting pods as well.
Finally, there are some new graphical updates, including sandstorms on desert maps, as well as three new maps: Aral Sea, Bourbon Island, and Vyborg Bay.
You can read more about the update here, and find a trailer for it below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
War Thunder is the most comprehensive free-to-play, cross-platform, MMO military game dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, from the early 20th century to the most advanced modern combat units. Join now and take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with millions of players from all over the world in an ever-evolving environment.
In War Thunder, aircraft, attack helicopters, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 1,900 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
- Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One with Xbox Series X|S – everyone on the same server.
- Over 2,000 highly detailed aircraft, helicopters, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- 100 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.
- Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.
- Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
War Thunder is available on Windows PC, Linux, Mac (all via Steam), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.