Korean developer MINTROCKET has announced Wakerunners a new team action game set in an original sci-fi world.
Wakerunners is in development for Windows PC (via Steam), though a release date wasn’t confirmed.
A demo/playtest for Wakerunners is planned, however, for the latest Steam Next Fest from February 5th through the 12th.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a reveal trailer:
Wakerunners is a 4v4 & 5v5 team action game set in a near-future Earth, now a relic of its past. Glide through arenas with a top-down view, employing a unique speed mechanic. Unleash swift combat in diverse landscapes for an immersive experience.
- Conquer your opponents with precise acceleration and deceleration controls!
- To defeat opponents, utilize both acceleration and deceleration controls.
- Master speed control to engage in thrilling combat actions within fast-paced battles.
- Remember: in the heat of swift and fierce battles, a single move can change the tide of battle.
- Maximize Strategic Customization in Various Modes.
- Enjoy a variety of modes, each requiring unique strategies—Team Deathmatch, Control Conquest, Command Siege, Escort, and Raider.
- Unexpected circumstances may arise anywhere and anytime.
- To overcome this uncertainty, develop your own unique strategies.
- Become a Waker or a Re-man.
- Depending on the circumstances, you can either play the role of a Waker or a Re-man in battle. Each character has unique attack styles, movement techniques, and Ultimate Abilities.
- Choosing varied playstyles for different characters will be the key to victory.
- Either choice will bring about different consequences.
Are you ready for battle? It is too late to stop. In order to protect the team and secure victory, get yourself ready to dive into the battlefield.