Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links to GamersGate. Buying a game through these links supports Niche Gamer.
2K and Firaxis Games have announced that Vietnam and Kublai Khan will be coming to the New Frontier Pass for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.
The latest developer update for the New Frontier Pass reveals the next civilization coming to the game is Vietnam. Focused on terrain and culture, the civilization’s leader was not revealed at this time. He is described as a fierce warrior known for guerrilla tactics, a deadly temper, a national hero, and “a God-like figure.”
China and Mongolia will also be getting alternative leader; Kublai Khan. While details will be revealed at a later date, it is stated he will create new and unique opportunities when playing as those nations.
The Monopolies and Corporations game mode will also be introduced, letting players control and improve luxury resources, even when they have multiple sources of them. Industries can be built around those resources, as well as founding corporations to enhance them, and create unique products.
The Stock Exchange and Sea Port will also have slots for products, allowing the effects of industries to apply to other cities. A corporation can further develop into a monopoly, granting more gold depending on how much dominance you have over the market, and how many other civilizations you are trading with. It also enhances your tourism.
The preserve is a new district, culture-bombing adjacent tiles, grant additional housing based on appeal, and increases the appeal of adjacent tiles. A Grove can be built there (granting food, faith, and culture), or the sanctuary (granting science, gold, and production).
You can find the New Frontier Pass DLC 5 developer update below.
You can find the rundown (via GamersGate) below:
Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game in which you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the Stone Age to the Information Age. Wage war, conduct diplomacy, advance your culture, and go head-to-head with history’s greatest leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known.
Civilization VI offers new ways to engage with your world: cities now physically expand across the map, active research in technology and culture unlocks new potential, and competing leaders will pursue their own agendas based on their historical traits as you race for one of five ways to achieve victory in the game.
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
- DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
- COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.
- ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.
- A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started.